STARTING SELF-CLEAN CYCLE
A self-cleaning oven cleans itself with high temperatures (well above cooking temperatures)
which eliminate soil completely or reduce it to a fine powdered ash you can whisk away with
damp cloth. If you are planning to use the oven directly after a self-clean cycle remember to allow
time for the oven to cool down and the oven door to unlock. This normally takes about one hour.
To set the controls for a Self-Cleaning cycle:
1. Remove the oven racks and the racks supports.
2. Be sure the clock is set with the correct time of day and the oven door is closed.
3. Select oven by pressing either UPPER OVEN
4. Press CLEAN
5. Press LITE for a 2 hour self-clean, or press MEDIUM
for 4 hours.
6. Press START
. The "DOOR
7. As soon as the control is set, the motor driven oven door lock will begin to close
automatically. Once the door has been locked the "DOOR
flashing and remain on.
Note: Allow about 15 seconds for the oven door lock to close.
To set the controls for a delayed Self-Cleaning cycle:
1. Follow the instructions above.
2. Press END TIME
. The time of day numbers will blink in the display.
3. Enter time of day needed for the end of the cycle (example for "6:00";
4. Press START
When the Self-Clean Cycle is Completed:
1. The time of day and "DOOR
2. The display will show an "Hot" message while the oven is still too hot to open door.
3. Once the oven has cooled down for 1 HOUR, and the "DOOR
displayed, the oven door can then be opened.
Stopping or Interrupting a Self-Cleaning Cycle:
If it becomes necessary to stop or interrupt a self-cleaning cycle due to excessive smoke in
1. Press CANCEL
2. Once the oven has cooled down for approximately 1 HOUR and the "DOOR
no longer displayed,the oven door can then be opened.
During the self-cleaning cycle, the outside of the wall oven can become very hot to the touch. DO
NOT leave small children unattended near the appliance; they may be burned if they touch the hot oven door
DO NOT force the oven door open. This can damage the automatic door locking system. Use care
when opening the oven door after the self-cleaning cycle. Stand to the side of the oven when opening the door to
allow hot air or steam to escape. The oven may still be VERY HOT.
Care & Cleaning
or LOWER OVEN
for 3 hours, or press HEAVY
" icon will flash.
" will remain ON.
" indicator light will stop
6 0 0
" icon is no longer
" icon is