For many foods, especially roasts and poultry, testing the internal temperature is the best method
to insure properly cooked food. The Temperature Probe gets the exact temperature you desire
without having to guess. This feature can be used with Bake, Convection Bake, Convection Roast
and Perfect Turkey cooking modes. The oven can be programmed for Probe at any temperature
between 130°F to 210°F with a default temperature of 170°F.
1. Use only the probe supplied with your appliance; any other may result in damage to the probe
or the appliance.
2. Handle the Temperature Probe carefully when inserting and removing it from the food and outlet.
3. Do not use tongs to pull the cable when inserting or removing the Probe. It could damage the Probe.
4. Defrost your food completely before inserting the Probe to avoid breaking it.
5. Never leave or store the Temperature Probe inside the oven when not in use.
6. To prevent the possibility of burns, carefully unplug the Temperature Probe using hot pads.
Proper Temperature Probe Placement:
1. Always insert the probe so that the tip rests in the center of the
thickest part of the meat. Do not allow probe to touch bone,
fat, gristle or pan.
2. For bone-in ham or lamb, insert the Probe into the center of the
lowest large muscle or joint. For dishes such as meat loaf or
casseroles, insert the Probe into the center of the food. When cooking
fish, insert the Probe from just above the gill into the meatiest area, parallel to
3. For whole poultry (chicken, turkey, etc.), insert the probe into the thickest part of the inner thigh
from below and parallel to the leg (see figure 1).
Setting the Oven when using the Temperature Probe:
1. Insert the Temperature Probe into the food (see Proper Temperature Probe Placement above).
2. Plug the Temperature Probe into its outlet in the oven. (The outlet is located on the top left
hand side of the cavity wall, near front of the oven). Always insert the probe into a cool oven.
Make sure it is pushed all the way into the outlet. Close the oven door.
3. Press OVEN
4. A target temperature must be set to trigger the buzzer when the food reaches the set
temperature. Press COOK OPTIONS
numeric pads or just press START
setting will be accepted after the START
5. At any time during the cooking, the PROBE
meat temperature or pressed twice to display the target temperature. When on the target
temperature display, a new temperature can be entered. After 5-8 seconds, the display will
go back to showing the oven temperature.
6. When the food reach the target temperature, the oven will go into a KEEP WARM mode until
you press CANCEL
The probe can be damaged by very high temperature. To protect the probe against this
damage, the oven control will not allow you to start a self-clean, broil or convection broil while
the probe is connected.
to light up the available cooking modes pads.
pad to enter the temperature. Adjust temperature to the desired setting using the
can also be pressed to raise or lower the temperature. The target temperature
to bring up the cook options items and press
to use the default target temperature of 170°F. The
pad is pressed.
pad can be pressed once to display the actual