This mode is best for meats, fish and poultry up to 1" thick. Broiling is a method of cooking
tender cuts of meat by direct heat under the broil element of the oven. The high heat cooks
quickly and gives a rich, brown outer appearance. The temperature probe cannot be used
with this mode. The oven can be programmed to broil at any temperature from 300°F to
550°F with a default temperature of 550°F.
• For optimum browning, preheat the broil element for 2 minutes.
• Broil one side until the food is browned; turn and cook on the second side. Season and serve.
• Always pull the rack out to the "stop" position before turning or removing food.
• Always use the broiler pan and its grid when broiling. It allows the dripping grease to be kept
away from the high heat of the broil element (see Figure 1).
• For best broiling results, broil with the oven door slightly open.
• DO NOT use the broil pan without the insert. DO NOT cover the broil pan insert with foil.
The exposed grease could catch fire. DO NOT use the roasting rack when broiling.
To set a Broil Temperature of 550°F:
1. Arrange interior oven racks.
2. Press OVEN
3. Press BROIL
4. Press START
5. Place food in the oven after 2 minutes.
6. Turn food when the top side is browned and cook on the
7. Remove food. Always use oven mitts when removing
hot pans from the oven.
8. Press CANCEL
at any time.
Electric Wall Oven Broiling Table Recommendations
Steak 1" thick
Pork Chops 3/4" thick
Chicken - Bone In
Chicken - Boneless
Hamburger 1" thick
Should an oven fire occur, close the oven door and turn off the oven. If the fire continues, throw
baking soda on the fire or use a fire extinguisher. DO NOT put water or flour on the fire. Flour may be explosive
and water can cause a grease fire to spread and cause personal injury.
to light up the available cooking modes pads.
to stop or cancel the Broil feature