Completing the Hardware Upgrade
Complete the hardware upgrade as follows:
1. Reinstall the system board assembly into the chassis. See Figures 2-2
2. Reconnect cables and power cords to the HP NetServer.
3. Follow the instructions for closing up the NetServer in the HP NetServer
LT 6000r Installation Guide.
4. Restore power to the HP NetServer.
Operating the system without all covers in place reduces
critical cooling airflow over some components, such as hard
disk drives and processor modules. Continuous operation of
the system without all covers in place will increase
temperatures and may reduce the reliability of some
5. Check the boot messages to see if the system detects the additional
6. If the boot messages indicate the additional processor(s) has/have not been
a. The processor retest function in the Setup Utility is set to Enabled.
b. All processors modules used have the same speed and cache size.
c. The processor(s) and the VRM(s) are installed in the correct slots and
d. Check the System Event log for debug information.
7. If the boot messages still fail to report the new processor(s), you must
reinstall the NOS.
8. Go to Chapter 3, "Updating the BIOS," in this guide to reinstall the NOS.
Refer to the instructions in Chapter 3 in this guide to update your BIOS and
if necessary, reinstall your network operating system (NOS).
HP NetServer LT 6000r Processor Upgrade