13-3. Adjusting the rotary hook lubrication amount
When checking the rotary hook lubrication, do not touch moving parts such as the rotary hook, needle and needle
bar with your finger or paper nor push them with other objects, otherwise injury or damage to the machine may
Adjust the rotary hook lubrication amount by the following procedure.
* Be sure to adjust the rotary hook lubrication amount whenever the rotary hook is replaced.
13. STANDARD ADJUSTMENTS
13. REGLAGES STANDARD
13. AJUSTES ESTANDARES
Checking the lubrication amount
After adjusting the lubrication adjustment screw, run the sewing
machine for approximately 1 minute to allow the lubrication
amount to stabilize before checking the lubrication amount.
1. Insert the lubrication amount check sheet q from the right
side of the rotary hook and hold it there. Then run the sewing
machine at high speed for 10 seconds.
(Any type of paper can be used as the lubrication amount
check sheet q.)
2. Check the amount of oil which has spattered onto the lubri-
cation amount check sheet q.
(After approximately 10 seconds, the amount of oil spattered
by the rotary hook should be as shown in the illustration at
Adjusting the lubrication amount
1. Open slide plate w.
2. Turn the machine pulley to rotate the rotary hook until the
lubrication adjustment screw e becomes visible.
3. Turn the lubrication adjustment screw e approximately 45Åã
to adjust the lubrication amount.
* If the lubrication adjustment screw e is turned clockwise,
the lubrication amount decreases, and if it is turned coun-
terclockwise, the lubrication amount increases.
4 Check the lubrication amount again according to the proce-
dure given in "Checking the lubrication amount" above.
* Turn the lubrication adjustment screw e approximately 45Åã
and then check the lubrication amount; repeat this proce-
dure until the lubrication amount is correct.
If the lubrication adjustment screw e is continually tightened
until it becomes stiffer to turn, this indicates that the mini-
mum lubrication amount setting has been reached. (Do not
tighten any more than this.)
Adjust the position of the screw within a maximum of one
rotation from this point.
* For the B892, adjust the lubrication amount for the left rotary
hook in the same way.