Remove Power to Printer, Install the
Figure 2-1 Remove Power, Install and Connect the Card
1. Turn off the printer and remove the printer's power cord.
2. Identify an available HP Enhanced I/O (EIO) slot (typically, in
the back of the printer).
3. If the slot has a cover plate, remove it.
4. Insert the print server card. Align the card with the guide rails
in the slot.
5. Press the card into the slot until firmly seated and tighten each
retaining screw a little at a time until both screws are secure.
6. Connect the network cable to the card using the RJ-45 connector
7. Turn on the printer.
For printers with multiple EIO slots, you can install
the print server into any EIO slot in the HP printer.
Installation Procedures 11