Operators Manual CRAFI".SHAN+ H.P. SOFT TOP SYSTEM AND CART Model No. 486.24504 CAUTION: Before using this product, this manual and follow all Safety Rules and Operating Instructions. IMPORTANT - READ THIS For Missing Parts or Assembly Please Call 217-728-8388 Mon.-Fri.
For ninety (90) days from date of purchase, or workmanship and our testing determines charge. Warranty service is available free of charge by returning your Craftsman Service Center. In-home warranty service is available this product is in the United States.
Any powerequipment cancauseinjuryif operated improperly o r if the userdoesnot understand howto operate the equipment. Exercise caution atall times,when usingpower equipment. • Readandfollowall instructions i n this manual b efore attempting toassemble oroperate t hisequipment. Failure to comply withtheseinstructions mayresult i n personal injury.
• Read Owner's Manual and all safety labels on machine • Do Not remove top cover or attempt to empty contents • Do Not stand behind cart in exhaust • Keep hands, feet, face, long hair and clothing area. There are ROTATING •...
The Hand Wand Attachment, Model 486.24509 provides a 15' x 5" diameter hose to clean around shrubs, patios, window wells and other areas not accessible to the tractor. MODEL NUMBER: SERIAL NUMBER: DATE OF PURCHASE: 486.24504...
ATTENTION! Keep contents CONTENTS Ref. Qty. Description Bolt, Hex 3/8" x 3" Shoulder Bolt Hex Bolt, 1/2" x 1-1/4" Bolt, Hex 1/4" x 1-3/4" Hex Bolt, 1/4" x 1-1/4" Bolt, Hex 1/4" x 5/8" Hex Bolt, 5/16" x 3/4" Thread Forming Bolt, Truss Head 5/16"...
CARTON CONTENTS Ref. Qty. Description Cover Top Connecting Tube Support Tube, R.H. Support Tube, L.H. Elbow (Discharge Chute) Deck Adapter Hose Hose Hanger Rod Assembly Hose Adapter (Nozzle) Engine Hose Clamps Tailgate Cart Bodies Wheels Tailgate Reinforcement Wheel Support Ref. Qty.
Thisunitis shipped WITHOUT G ASOLINE o r OIL. After assembly, seeseparate engine manual forproper f uel andengine oilrecommendations. TOOLS REQUIRED FOR ASSEMBLY Screwdriver Pliers 3/8" Wrench 7/16" Wrenches 1/2" Wrenches 9/16" Wrenches 3/4" Wrench - (2) if hitch plate in fig. 21 is used REMOVAL OF PARTS FROM...
• Pullthecartbodyhalves together. • Tightenthefourtrussheadbolts. Tightenthesixhexboltsinthesidesofthecart. Tightenthethreehexboltsinthe bottom ofthecart, keeping thebottom aligned. Assemble thewheelsupport t othe bottom ofthecart usingeight5/16"x 3/4"trussheadboltsand5/16" (SEMS) h exnutsasshown in figure4. Heads of bolts goonthe insideofcart.Tighten. 5/16" (SEMS) HEX NUT 5/16" x 3/4" TRUSS HEAD BOLT WHEEL SUPPORT FIGURE 4...
Assemble a spacer t ubeontoeachendof theaxleas shown in figure7. Assemble a 1"flatwasher, a wheel(valve stem facingout),andanother 1"flatwasher ontotheaxle as shown in figure7.Secure thewheel w itha 1/8"x 1-1/2" cotterpin,spreading t heendssothata hub capwiltfit overthepin.Assemble t hehubcapby pressing itontotheflatwasher. R epeat o notherend of axle.
Assemble t hereduced endsoftheR.H.support tubesintotheendsoftheL.H.support t ubes.Fasten thetubestogether u singtwo1/4"x 1"curved head bolts,inserted fromthetop,andtwo1/4"(SEMS) h ex nuts.Seefigure11. 1/4" x 1" CURVED HEAD BOLT "_ 1/4" HEX NUT (SEMS) SUPPORT TUBE L.H. FIGURE 11 Place the support tubes down into the front and rear tube support brackets, with the tube's welded brack- ets facing the center of the cart.
• Assemble a plastic wheel to each engine mount bracket using a 3/8" shoulder bolt and 3/8" hex lock nut. See Figure 14. FIGURE 14 Attach the vac tongue to your tractor's draw bar for easier mounting of the engine base assembly. Align the engine base with the tongue's welded angles.
ASSEMBLING THE #62468 TO THE MOWER DECK NOTE: Not all of the parts in the deck adapter hardware package will be used for any one particular fit up. • Remove the mower discharge deflector from your mower deck. Save the deflector and hardware for remounting deflector.
• Assemble the adapter bracket to the deck using two 5/16" x 1" hex bolts, 5/16" flat washers and 5/16" hex lock nuts. See figure 25. NOTE: It may be necessary to use extra 5/16" flat washers to shim under the bracket next to the deck surface.
FOR 1990 AND NEWER MURRAY WITH A 46" DECK Tape 46" template onto deck adapter. Mark and then cut out adapter. Fasten the angle bracket and the mounting bracket to the mower deck as shown in figure 34. Use two 5/16" x 3/4"...
KNOW YOUR SYSTEM Read this owner's manual and safety rules before operating your Vac System. Compare the illustration below with your Vac System to familiarize yourself with the various controls and their locations. LATCH LOCK LEVER LATCH LOCK LEVER Locks the cart bed down to the tongue.
HOW TO START YOUR VAC SYSTEM without all covers being properly attached to the ARNING: Never start or run the engine blower housing and cart. • Check oil and gas in Vac engine. • Attach spark plug wire to spark plug. •...
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES • Read and follow the maintenance schedule and the maintenance procedures listed in this section. MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE Fill in dates as you complete regular service. Check for loose fasteners Check cover Check tire pressure Check enqine oil level Lubricate Clean Maintain...
• Clean theengine andtheentire unitthoroughly. • Refertoengine manual f orcorrect e ngine storage instructions. • If storing in anunventilated o r metal s torage shed, coatmetal p artswithlightoilor silicone toprevent rust. • Storeunitina clean, d ryarea. PROBLEM POSSIBLE C AUSE(S) Engine failstostart 1.
Hex Nut, 1/4" (SEMS) 1509-69 Hex Bolt, 1/4-20 x 1-3/4" HA20186 Spring, Extension 43814 Truss Hd. Bolt, 5/16-18 x 3/4" 23490 Cart Front Panel 46980 Hex Nut, 5/16-18 (SEMS) FOR MODEL 486.24504 REF. PART QTY. 43088 Bracket 64551 64531 25010 23548 43884 43343...
Bolt, Hex 5/16-18 x 1" 712-0421 Knob 43064 Nut, Hex Lock 5/16-18 43086 Washer, Lock 5/16" Spring Type 11 719-0330A Adapter, Mounting 725-1700 Cover, Switch FOR MODEL 486.24504 HOUSING ASSEMBLY PART 725-3166 726-0272 731-1613 24958 712-3046 47810 736-0247 63924 710-1273...
REPAIR pARTS FOR MODEL 486.24504 VAC SYSTEM 22 j ADAPTER #62466 13 12 /...
Washer, Nylon 21/64" 43351 Bolt, Hex 1/2-13 x 1-1/4" 43262 Nut, Hex Lock 1/2-13 43352 Washer, Flat 7/16" 43081 Washer, 5/16" STD 43830 Adapter, Deck FOR MODEL 486.24504 REF. PART 23560 4.3080 23825 23826 47630 712-0421 62468 23827 1509-90 43086...
• -, e= ;'_== _.=o ._.._o .E_o_ ,0.,., ,m =1 ,,,c ,- _o, _ _ "r-E5 _o-_ CAUTION: Do not operate your tractor slope in excess of 10 degrees. Be sure of your tractor's braking capabilities before operating on a slope. Avoid any sudden turns or maneuvers while on a slope.
Get it fixed, at your home or ours! For repair of major brand appliances no matter who made it, no matter who sold it! 1-800-4-MY-HOM To bring in products such as vacuums, for repair, call for the location of your nearest Sears Parts & Repair Center. 1-800-488-1222 For the replacement that you need to do-it-yourself,...