There are four character styles that you can assign; normal, outline, shadow,
and raised. The following shows examples of each.
Character style changes are applied to printed text only. The appearance of the
displayed text does not change, but the character style indicators will show you
when a character style is being used.
• Any character style specification you make is applied to all the characters on
the display. You cannot make multiple specifications for specific characters.
• Only one character style can be in effect at a time. You cannot combine
To specify a character style
1. Input the text.
2. Press FUNC 6 (STYLE) to display a menu of character styles.
3. Use z and x to move the pointer to the style you want to use.
4. When the pointer is located at the style you want to specify, press SET to
select it and return to the text display.
• You could also perform the above procedure in reverse, specifying the
character style first and then inputting the text.
This part of the manual includes all the information you need to print tapes. It
also tells you how to print special stamp tapes that you can attach to an optional
stamp holder to create your own original stamps.
• Never turn power off while printing is being performed.
• Make sure that the tape outlet is not blocked before you start printing.
• Never operate the tape cutter while printer is being performed (indicated by
the message "NOW PRINTING" on the display).
• Never touch the tape cutter while a tape cut operation is being performed.
Doing so can result in cuts and other personal injury.
Printing a Tape
Printing a tape is as easy as pressing the PRINT key.
To print a tape
1. Press the PRINT key to print a tape of the text you have input and laid out.
• To stop a print operation that is in progress, press ESC.
2. After the print operation is complete, press down on the tape cutter button to
cut the tape.
3. Use scissors to trim the tape to the size you want, if necessary.
• After you print a tape, you can peel off its paper
backing and stick the tape onto the object you
want. Note that the tape will not stick on coarse,
wet, oily, or soiled surfaces. Also, you should not
try to use the tape where it is exposed to direct
sunlight or rain. Do not stick the tape onto human