Important Safety Precautions Note of the following safety precautions before using the label printer for the first time. Keep these safety precautions and operating instructions on hand for future reference. About safety precaution symbols The following symbols are used in this manual and on the product itself to alert you and others to the risk of personal and material injury.
Tape Cutter • Never touch the tape cutter while a tape cut operation is being performed. Doing so can result in cuts and other personal injury. Microwave oven containers • Never affix labels to containers used for heating food in a microwave oven.
• Never mix batteries of different types. • Never mix new batteries and dead batteries. • Remove the batteries if you do not plan to use KL-780 for a long time. • Use only the battery type specified for this label printer in this manual.
To recall text from memory ... E-20 Part 10 Reference ... E-20 Cleaning the Printer Head and Roller ... E-20 To clean the printer head and roller ... E-20 Initial Power On Settings ... E-21 Initializing the Label Printer ... E-21 To initialize the Label Printer ...
This part of the manual provides you with important information you need to know in order to use the Label Printer to its full potential. Be sure to read it carefully before using the Label Printer for the first time.
• Never mix batteries of different types. • Never leave dead batteries in the Label Printer. • Remove the batteries if you do not plan to use the Label Printer for a long time. • Replace the batteries in accordance with the battery life marked on the side of the battery.
Note the following important precautions when using an AC adaptor to power your Label Printer. • Use only a genuine CASIO AD-A95100 AC adaptor with the same voltage rating as the household current in your area. Using a wrong adaptor can damage your Label Printer.
Resetting the Memory You should reset the memory of the Label Printer before using it for the first time, after you have not used it for a long time, or if nothing happens when you turn power on, even after you change the batteries.
5. 8. Close the cover. 9. Turn on Label Printer power and press FUNC and then PRINT (FEED) two or three times to make sure that the tape comes out without any problem. • If the tape does not come out normally, turn off power and start again from step 1 above.
All letters you input in the caps mode are upper-case. When the caps mode indicator is not shown on the display, all letters are input as lower-case. Note that the Label Printer stays in the caps mode until you press the CAPS key again.
• A newline operation is indicated on the display by the B symbol. This shows where you changed lines. • The maximum number of lines you can input depends on the width of the tape you have loaded in the Label Printer. Tape Width Maximum Number of Lines •...
• The maximum character size you can print depends on the size of the tape Actual Size (Vertical × Horizontal) you have loaded in the Label Printer and the number of lines of text you are printing. If the character size you specify is greater than the maximum 3mm × 3mm characters size limit, the Label Printer automatically adjust your text vertically 3mm ×...
• To change a dimension, press z to increase it or x to decrease it. • Remember that the dimensions you can specify depend on the width of the tape loaded in the label printer (see table, above). 5. When the character size you want to specify is on the display, press SET to select it and return to the text display.
• Never turn power off while printing is being performed. • Make sure that the tape outlet is not blocked before you start printing. • Never operate the tape cutter while printer is being performed (indicated by the message “NOW PRINTING” on the display).
• An easy way to remove the backing from a tape and expose the adhesive surface is to bend the tape near one of its ends. This should cause the tape and its backing to separate, allowing you to pull them apart. Mirror Image Printing When you specify mirror image for text, it is printed in reverse image.
• With bar codes, you can only input numeric characters (0 to 9). EAN-8 allows input of seven digits, while EAN-13 allows input of 12 digits. • Always test bar codes produced using this label printer before actually using them. If bar codes cannot be read properly, try adjusting the print density or using a larger character size.
• You can perform stamp printing only when 18mm is specified as the tape width. • An error message “LENGTH ERROR!” appears on the display and the Label Printer refuses to print whenever you try to print text that is longer than the maximum length you specify.
Cleaning the Printer Head and Roller A dirty printer head and roller can result in poor printing quality. If you have problems with print quality, use the following procedure to clean the printer head and roller.
• This prompt confirms whether or not you want to initialize the Label Printer. I N I T 3. Release the PRINT, ESC, and ON/OFF keys. 4. Press SET to initialize the Label Printer or ESC to abort the reset operation. • The following table shows the initial settings. Power On...
Input the text you want to print. Printing is blurred, blotched, broken, etc. Possible Causes Action Adjust the print density setting. Remove the tape cartridge and reload it correctly. Clean the printer head and roller. Page Page Page E-17 E-20...
• Tape Cutting Cannot cut tape. Possible Causes Tape cutter blade is dull. Take the label printer to the dealer from whom you purchased it to have the tape cutter blade replaced. Printed text is cut off by tape cut operation.
In response to the “INITIAL?” message that appears, press SET to initialize the Label Printer. Input the correct number of digits for the type of bar code you are creating. • EAN-8 ... 7 digits • EAN-13 ... 12 digits...