Important Safety Precautions Note of the following safety precautions before using the label printer for the first time. Keep these safety precautions and operating instructions on hand for future reference. About safety precaution symbols The following symbols are used in this manual and on the product itself to alert you and others to the risk of personal and material injury.
Example: To create a VHS video cassette label for the title “Label Printer” to appear as follows. 1. Turn on the label printer, and clear all text from its screen. 2. Press PRESETS to display the PRESETS menu. 3. Use u and i to move the highlighting to “LAYOUT”...
Part 1 Getting Acquainted This part of the manual provides you with important infor- mation you need to know in order to use the label printer to its full potential. Be sure to read it carefully before using the label printer for the first time.
(page E-6). Label Printer Menus Label printer operation is designed to be as simple as pos- sible, thanks to on-screen menus that you can use to select the settings you need. Each menu is described in detail in the sections that follow in this manual, but note the follow- ing general points when using them.
Using a wrong adaptor can damage your label printer. • Be sure to turn the label printer off before you connect the adaptor. Do not turn power on until the adaptor is con- nected to the label printer and plugged into an AC outlet.
1. Make sure the label printer is turned off. 2. Press the cover release and open the cover. • If there is a cartridge already in the label printer, remove it by grasping the cartridge on both sides with your thumb and forefinger, and lift straight up.
2. Use u and i to highlight the setting you want (cm or inch) and then press SET. Demo Print After setting up the label printer, you may want to produce a demo print to make sure that everything is working properly. To produce a demo print 1.
Vertical printing indicator This indicator appears when the label printer is set up for vertical printing. Normal (horizontal) printing is performed when this indicator is not shown. Mirror image printing indicator This indicator appears when the label printer is set up for mirror image printing.
See page E-30 for a complete list of symbols, dingbats, and characters that are available from each menu. Inputting Illustrations Your label printer gives you a choice of 50 illustrations that you can use in your labels. To input illustrations 1.
6. Press SET to clear the highlighted text or ESC to abort without clearing anything. Text Editing You can set up the label printer so it either overwrites exist- ing characters with new input, or inserts new input between existing characters. Note the following example.
SET. 2. Press SET to change the font for all the text on the display. • At this point, the label printer returns to the text input screen. • Pressing ESC returns to the RANGE menu without chang- ing anything.
3. Move the cursor to the end block up to which you want to change the text effect and then press SET to register your selection and change the effect. • At this point, the label printer returns to the text input screen. To change the text effect for lines of text 1.
Side Spaces The side spaces are blank areas that the Label Printer au- tomatically adds on either end of the print area. Note that side spaces are only added when you are using auto feed, and they are not added when using manual feed.
Select “FIX” if you want so specify a fixed block length in the range of 0.0 cm to 99.9 cm. Specify “AUTO” for this option if you want the label printer to automatically adjust the length of the block. E-17...
Select “FIX” if you want so specify a fixed tape length in the range of 0.0 cm to 99.9 cm. Specify “AUTO” for this option if you want the label printer to automatically adjust the length of the tape. BLOCK ALIGN...
• Never turn power off while printing is being performed. • Make sure that the tape outlet is not blocked before you start printing. • Never operate the tape cutter while printer is being per- formed (indicated by the message “NOW PRINTING” on the display).
You can then assemble the tapes into an enlarged label. Note that this item is available only when 12, 18, or 24mm tape is loaded in the label printer. See page E-30 for impor- tant information about character sizes and tape width when using the various setting of this item.
SET to delete it. 3. Press SET to delete the bar code. NUMBERING This label printer gives you a choice of four different number- ing formats that you can use to print sequentially numbered labels from 0 to 999.
8. Use u and i to move the highlighting to “PRINT” and then press SET to execute it. • The label printer prints a tape with the number and com- ment text, and then displays the screen shown in step 3, with the number incremented by one.
9mm or greater. Notes • “Copy Pen” in this section refers to the CASIO CP-9 Copy Pen. • “SF Unit” in this section refers to SF-7600SP/SF-8300/ SF-8350/SF-8350R/SF-8500/SF-M10/SF-9000/SF-9300/ SF-9350/SF-9350R/SF-9500/SF-9700/SF-R10/SF-R20.
SF Unit. To connect the SF Unit to the label printer 1. Turn off the power of the label printer and the SF Unit. 2. Use the optionally available SB-62 Connecting Cable to connect the SF Unit to the label printer.
Importing Data from a Graphic Scientific Calculator Use the following procedure to send data to the label printer from one of the following CASIO Graphic Scientific Calcula- tor models: CFX-9800G, RM-9800G, fx-7700GH, fx- 9700GH, CFX-9850G, CFX-9950G. Important! • Note that some of the steps you need to perform in the following procedure depend on the graphic scientific cal- culator model you are sending data from.
Illustrations Symbols, Dingbats, and Special Characters G SYMBOL G DINGBAT G NUMBER G GREEK, RUSSIAN E-30 Frames G ALL TEXT G EACH CHARACTER Fonts ENLARGED Label Measurements Size Character Resulting Tape Width Increase Size Tape Width 2 pieces 8×8 times 24×24mm 24mm 3 pieces...
Tape jam pull out the jammed tape by hand. Cut off excess tape with scissors, and carefully replace the cartridge into the label printer. Important! Never allow the tape outlet to become blocked and never touch tape as it is being fed during printing.
Be sure to press the FEED key for manual tape feed. before performing the tape cut operation. Important! When the printer is set up for manual tape feed, the tape is not fed automatically after print- ing is complete. Out of tape Replace the tape cartridge with a new one.
PRINT RESET! Memory has not been initialized yet. Perform the reset operation. SEND ERROR! Label printer was unable to receive data being sent from an external source. Check cable connections and parameter settings. POWER OFF Printing operation performed while...