IMPORTANT SAFETY SYMBOLS AND PRECAUTIONS
What the icons and signs in this user's guide mean:
These warning signs are here to prevent injury to you and others. Follow them explicitly. After reading this section, keep it in a safe
place for future reference.
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Use common sense whenever operating electrical appliances.
3. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the printer and in the literature accompanying the printer.
4. If an operating instruction appears to conflict with safety information, heed the safety information. You may have misunderstood the
operating instruction. If you cannot resolve the conflict, contact your sales or service representative for assistance.
5. Unplug the printer from the AC wall socket and/or telephone jack before cleaning. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners. Use only a
damp cloth for cleaning.
7. Your printer should never be placed on, near or over a radiator, heater, air conditioner or ventilation duct.
8. Do not allow anything to rest on the power. Do not place your printer where the cords will be abused by persons walking on them.
9. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords. This can diminish performance, and may result in the risk of fire or electric shock.
10. Do not allow pets to chew on the AC power, telephone or computer interface cords.
11. Never push objects of any kind into the printer through case or cabinet openings. They may touch dangerous voltage points, creating
a risk of fire or shock. Never spill liquid of any kind onto or into the printer.
12. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble the printer. Take it to a qualified service technician when repair work is
required. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembly could cause
electric shock when the unit is subsequently used.
Hazards or unsafe practices that may result in severe personal injury or death.
Hazards or unsafe practices that may result in minor personal injury or property damage.
To reduce the risk of fire, explosion, electric shock, or personal injury when using your laser Multi-Function Printer(MFP),
follow these basic safety precautions:
Do NOT attempt.
Do NOT disassemble.
Do NOT touch.
Follow directions explicitly.
Unplug the power plug from the wall socket.
Ensure the printer is grounded to prevent electric shock.
Call the service center for help.
place the printer on an unstable cart, stand or table. It may fall, causing serious damage.
Safety information | 5