Shooting in RAW mode
The camera records the data captured from the CMOS sensor directly without compression.
The file extension is ".SR2" (page 90). After copying the images to your computer, the data
can be reproduced with much less deterioration in image processing and be displayed using
the exclusive software provided. A compressed JPEG format image like the one recorded in
normal shooting is recorded at the same time.
1 Press MENU.
2 Select [Mode] (REC Mode) by moving the multi-selector to b/B, then select [RAW] by moving
• To reproduce the RAW data file using a computer, the exclusive software is required. Install the exclusive
software on the supplied CD-ROM (Image Data Converter SR Ver.1.0) (Windows/Macintosh) to your
computer. Since the RAW data file is a special kind of file, general software cannot open the RAW data
file (pages 94, 97).
• The JPEG image is also recorded in the image size selected by the Image Size setup (t step 4 in "Read
This First"). Since RAW data images are recorded in [10M] size, these data consume larger capacity of a
• Writing data takes more time than in normal recording mode.
• Digital zoom cannot be used.
• In playback mode, the JPEG image recorded at the same time is displayed, and menu operations, such as
image rotation, trimming, are done to only the JPEG image. The RAW data files cannot be played back or
modified using the camera.