On the "Memory Stick"
A "Memory Stick" is a compact, portable
IC recording medium. The types of
"Memory Stick" that can be used with this
camera are listed in the table below.
However, proper operation cannot be
guaranteed for all "Memory Stick"
"Memory Stick" type
Memory Stick (without
Memory Stick (with
Memory Stick Duo (without
Memory Stick Duo (with
MagicGate Memory Stick
MagicGate Memory Stick
Memory Stick PRO
Memory Stick PRO Duo
When using a "Memory Stick Duo" with this
camera, be sure to insert it into a Memory Stick
These are equipped with MagicGate functions.
MagicGate is copyright protection technology
that uses encryption technology. Data
recording/playback that requires MagicGate
functions cannot be performed with this
Supports high-speed data transfer using a
• A "Memory Stick" formatted with a computer is
not guaranteed to operate with this camera.
• Data read/write speeds differ depending on the
combination of the "Memory Stick" and the
Notes on using a "Memory Stick" (not
• You cannot record, edit or delete images if you
slide the write-protect switch to LOCK.
The position and/or the shape of the write-
protect switch may differ depending on the
"Memory Stick" you use.
• Do not remove the "Memory Stick" while
reading or writing data.
• Data may be corrupted in the following cases:
– When the "Memory Stick" is removed or the
camera is turned off during a read or write
– When the "Memory Stick" is used in
locations subject to static electricity or
• We recommend backing up important data.
• Do not attach any other material than the
supplied label on the labeling position.
• When you attach the supplied label, be sure to
attach it to the labeling position. Be careful that
the label does not stick out.
• When you carry or store the "Memory Stick",
put it in the case supplied with it.
• Do not touch the terminal section of the
"Memory Stick" with your hand or a metal
• Do not strike, bend or drop the "Memory Stick".
• Do not disassemble or modify the "Memory
• Do not expose the "Memory Stick" to water.
• Do not use or store the "Memory Stick" under
the following conditions:
– High temperature locations such as the hot
interior of a car parked in direct sunlight
– Locations exposed to direct sunlight
– Humid locations or locations with corrosive