Battery life and number of images that can be
The tables show the approximate number of
images that can be recorded/viewed and the
battery life when you shoot images in
[Normal] mode with the battery pack
(supplied) at full capacity and at an ambient
temperature of 25°C (77°F). The numbers
of images that can be recorded or viewed
take into account changing the recording
medium as necessary.
Note that the actual numbers may be less
than those indicated depending on the
conditions of use.
• The battery capacity decreases as the number of
uses increases and also over time (page 125).
• The number of images that can be recorded/
viewed and the battery life are decreased under
the following conditions:
– The surrounding temperature is low.
– The flash is used frequently.
– The camera has been turned on and off many
– The zoom is used frequently.
– [LCD Backlight] or [EVF Backlight] is set to
– [AF Mode] is set to [Continuous].
– The battery power is low.
• When using a CF card, the battery life and the
number of images recordable or viewable may
When shooting still images
• Shooting in the following situations:
(P.Quality) is set to [Fine].
– [AF Mode] is set to [Monitor].
– Shooting once every 30 seconds.
– The zoom is switched alternately between the
W and T ends.
– The flash strobes once every two times.
– The power turns on and off once every ten
• The measurement method is based on the CIPA
(CIPA: Camera & Imaging Products
• The number of shooting images/battery life does
not change, regardless of image size.
When viewing still images
No. of images
• Viewing single images in order at about three