Enjoying the camera
Shooting with Program auto
In program auto mode, the camera automatically adjusts the shutter speed and the aperture
according to the brightness of the subject just as in the auto adjustment mode (mode dial:
In addition, the program auto mode can change the shooting settings in the menu, a feature
which the auto adjustment mode does not have (page 130).
You can change the aperture value and shutter speed combination while keeping the brightness
1 Select the aperture value and shutter speed combination using the main command dial.
is indicated while the aperture value and shutter speed combination is shifted.
2 Shoot the image.
To cancel Program Shift, turn the main command dial to return the indication from
• You cannot shift the aperture value and shutter speed combination when the shutter button is pressed
• When the brightness changes, the aperture value and shutter speed also change while maintaining the shift
• You may not be able to change the aperture value and shutter speed combination depending on your
• When the flash mode setting is changed, Program Shift is canceled.
• Setting the mode dial to other than P or turning off the power cancels Program Shift.
Main command dial