On the Microdrive
A Microdrive is a compact and lightweight hard
disk drive that complies with CompactFlash Type
II. Camera operations are confirmed using the
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Inc.
– DSCM-11000 (1 GB)
– 3K4-2 2GB (HMS 360402D5CF00)
– 3K4-4 4GB (HMS 360404D5CF00)
– 3K6-4 4GB (HMS 360604D5CF00)
– 3K6-6 6GB (HMS 360606D5CF00)
Notes on use of the Microdrive
• Be sure to format the Microdrive using this
camera when you use it for the first time.
• The Microdrive is a compact hard disk drive.
Since the Microdrive is a rotating disk, the
Microdrive is not strong enough to resist
vibration and shock compared to a "Memory
Stick," which uses flash memory.
• Be sure not to transmit vibration or shock to the
Microdrive during playback or shooting.
• Data may be damaged in the following cases:
– Removing the Microdrive while reading or
– If you store the Microdrive near corrosive
• Note that the use of the Microdrive under 5°C
(41°F) may bring performance degradation.
Operating temperature range when using the
Microdrive: 5° to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
• Note that the Microdrive cannot be used under
low atmospheric pressure (above 3 000 meters
• The Microdrive may be hot just after it has been
used. Be careful when you handle it.
• Do not write on the label.
• Do not remove the label or attach a new label
over the label.
• When you carry or store the Microdrive, put it in
the case supplied with it.
• Do not expose the Microdrive to water.
• Do not press on the label strongly.
• Hold the sides of the Microdrive in your hand
and do not squeeze the Microdrive.