Selects how to superimpose the date or time onto the image. Select this before shooting.
• The date and time do not appear during shooting, instead, the
appear in red on the lower-right corner of the screen during playback only.
• The date and time superimposed cannot be removed later.
The AF illuminator supplies fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings.
The AF illuminator emits red light allowing the camera to focus easily when the shutter button
is pressed halfway, until the focus is locked. The
• If the AF illuminator light does not reach the subject sufficiently or the subject has no contrast, focus will
not be achieved. (A distance of up to approximately 2.7 m (106 1/4 inches) (zoom:W)/2.3 m
(90 1/2 inches) (zoom:T) is recommended.)
• Focus is achieved as long as the AF illuminator light reaches the subject, even if the light is slightly off the
center of the subject.
• When using manual focus (page 48), AF Illuminator does not function.
• The AF range finder frame does not appear. The
priority on subjects located near the center of the frame.
• The AF illuminator does not operate when
Scene mode or using the PUSH AUTO function.
• The AF illuminator emits very bright light. Although there are no problems with safety, do not look
directly into the AF illuminator emitter at close range.
Displays the recorded image on the screen for approximately two seconds immediately after
shooting a still image.
• If you press the shutter button halfway down during this period, the recorded image display disappears
and you can immediately shoot the next image.
• The recorded image is displayed in Burst or Exposure Bracket mode regardless of the setting.
For details on the operation
Superimposes the date, hour, and minute.
Superimposes the year, month and day.
• The date is inserted in the order you select. (
Does not superimpose the date and time.
indicator appears at this time.
Uses the AF illuminator.
Does not use AF illuminator.
(Twilight mode) or
Use the Auto Review.
Does not use Auto Review.
indicator appears. The date and time
step 2 in "Read
indicator flashes, and AF operates with
(Landscape mode) is selected in the