Viewing image files stored on a computer with
This section describes the process using a
Windows computer as an example.
When an image file copied to a computer
no longer remains on a recording medium,
you can view that image again on the
camera by copying the image file on the
computer to a recording medium.
• Step 1 is not necessary if the file name set with
your camera has not been changed.
• You may be unable to play back some images
depending on the image size.
• When an image file has been processed by a
computer or when the image file was recorded
using a model other than that of your camera,
playback on your camera is not guaranteed.
• When there is no folder, first create a folder with
your camera (pages 76, 78) and then copy the
Right-click the image file, then
click [Rename]. Change the file
name to "DSC0ssss."
Enter a number from 0001 to 9999 for
• If the overwrite confirmation message
appears, enter a different number.
• An extension may be displayed depending
on the computer settings. The extension for
still images is JPG. Do not change the
Copy the image file to the
recording medium folder in the
1Right-click the image file, then click
2Double-click [Removable Disk] or
[Sony MemoryStick] in [My
3Right-click the [sssMSDCF] folder
in the [DCIM] folder, then click [Paste].
• sss stands for any number within the
range from 100 to 999.