Care Of The Iron
1. Turn the ADJUSTABLE STEAM/DRY DIAL to Dry.
2. Turn the TEMPERATURE SELECTOR DIAL to Off.
3. Unplug the iron.
4. Allow the iron to cool, wrap the cord, and clip it in place
using the cord clip on the plug.
5. It is not necessary to empty the water if the iron is used
6. Store the iron on its heel rest to prevent water from
leaking from the Soleplate.
*The Automatic Shut-Off Iron
1. Using the Surge of Steam feature during regular ironing
helps clean the steam vents. At the end of an ironing ses-
sion and while the iron is still hot, use the the
SurgeClean™ feature to help flush out lint. If lint is
allowed to accumulate in the vents, it can scorch and
cause brown spotting on garments being ironed.
2. Be sure the iron has water in it. Turn the TEMPERATURE
SELECTOR DIAL to a setting within the steam band (set-
tings 4 thru 7).
3. Turn the SPRAY/SURGE Button so that the Surge faces
the INDICATOR MARK. Hold the iron over an old cloth or
over the sink and pump the SURGE Button 5 or 6 times.
Then iron over an old cloth to clean residue from the
is a trademark of The Black & Decker Corp.