Using the Spray Button
Use to dampen tough wrinkles at any setting.
1. Be sure the iron is filled with water.
2. On first use, pump the Spray button
Ironing without Steam
1. Ironing without steam can be performed at any setting.
2. It is not necessary to empty the water tank; simply press the
steam button to the OFF position. The steam symbol(s)
will disappear from the LCD display (L).
3. If desired, empty the water tank following the directions
below and press the steam button
Use for removing wrinkles from hanging garments, curtains and
1. Be sure water tank is filled to maximum capacity.
2. Hang garment to be steamed on a clothes hanger. Curtains and drapes can be steamed
where they are hung.
3. Press fabric selection button to reach appropriate fabric setting. Allow the iron to stand
for 90 seconds until the Standby
changes to Ready
4. Hold the iron close, but not touching the fabric.
5. Using your free hand, pull the fabric tight and pump the surge-of-
steam button as you move the iron over the fabric (M).
Emptying the Water Tank (optional)
Note: It is not necessary to empty the water tank after each use.
1. Unplug the iron and let it cool.
2. Open the water-fill cover.
3. To release the water, hold the iron over a sink with the tip
pointing down. Water will empty out of the water-fill
Your iron has a multilingual digital display that lets you select from
English, French and Spanish.
To change the language (O):
1. Press and hold the (-) button for 2 seconds; the digital display
shows EN (for English).
2. Press the (-) button again, the display changes to FR (for French).
3. Press the (-) button one more time and the digital display changes
to ES (Spanish).
Note: The languages will change in the order listed above.
3-Way Automatic Shutoff
The automatic shutoff feature in your iron works as follows:
• The iron will shut off after 30 seconds of inactivity if left on its
soleplate or tipped over on its side. If left vertically on its heel
rest, it will shut off after 8 minutes of inactivity (P).
several times (K).
to turn off the steam.
symbol in the bottom right of the LCD display
• The unit beeps once and the AUTO OFF symbol
display appears to let you know the iron has stopped heating (Q).
Important: Although the iron has turned off, it is still hot.
• After a few seconds, the backlight on the LCD display turns off.
• If you pick up the iron, an internal motion detector is activated
and the iron starts heating gain.
Tip: You might have to move the iron or shake it gently.
• The unit beeps once, the digital display light comes on, and the previously set
temperature is displayed again.
Note: Wait for iron to reheat completely before resuming operation.
The anti-drip system prevents water from spotting at low temperatures.
AUTO CLEAN® System
Note: If the AUTO CLEAN® symbol
cleaning. Follow the procedure under AUTO CLEAN® System.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
CLEANING OUTSIDE SURFACES
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely. Wipe the soleplate and outer
surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water. Add mild household detergent. Never
use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers, vinegar or scouring pads that may scratch or
discolor the iron.
2. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from the steam vents.
AUTO CLEAN® SySTEM
To keep the steam vents free of any buildup, follow these instructions about once a month.
1. Fill the water tank well below the MAX line. Plug in the iron.
2. Select fabric temperature setting 6 and stand the iron on its heel rest.
3. Wait for the iron to beep and display temperature number with corresponding fabric.
4. Unplug the iron and hold over a sink with the soleplate facing down.
5. Press and hold the AUTO CLEAN® button. Be careful, as after
several seconds, hot water and steam will come out of the
steam vents (R). Continue to hold the AUTO CLEAN® button
until all the water has emptied. If necessary, rock iron side-to-
side and front-to-back.
6. When finished, release the button, stand the iron on its heel
rest and plug it in. Heat for about 2 minutes to dry out any
STORING yOUR IRON
1. Unplug the iron and allow it to cool.
2. Store vertically on its heel to prevent water leaking from the soleplate.
on the LCD
3-WAY AUTO OFF
appears on the LCD display, the unit needs