SURGE OF STEAM
1. With the water tank filled to the MAX mark, turn the fabric-select dial to at least
setting 4 and wait for the temperature-ready light to go off.
2. To remove tough wrinkles, pump the
concentrated blast of steam.
1. Hang the garment to be steamed on a clothes hanger. (Curtains
or drapes can be steamed once they are hung.)
2. Move the selector to
3. Hold the iron close to, but not touching, the fabric.
4. Pull the fabric tight in your free hand and pump the
as you move the iron over the fabric (G).
You can use spray at any setting. Check that the water tank is filled with
1. Press the
2. If spray is weak, pump the button a few times.
EMPTYING WATER TANK AFTER IRONING (OPTIONAL)
1. Unplug the iron and let it cool.
2. Open the water-fill cover.
3. Empty the water by holding the iron over a sink with the tip pointing
down. Water will empty out of water-fill opening (J).
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
CLEANING OUTSIDE SURFACES
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely. Wipe the soleplate and outer
surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water add mild household detergent. Never
use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers, vinegar or scouring pads that may scratch or
discolor the iron.
2. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from the
To keep the steam vents free of any buildup, about once a month follow these instructions.
1. Fill the water tank below the MAX line.
2. Plug in the iron.
3. Turn the fabric-select dial to 6 and place iron on its heel rest. Allow it to heat until the
temperature-ready light goes out and comes on again.
4. Unplug the iron and hold over a sink with the soleplate facing down.
5. Move the selector to
come out of the steam vents (K). Continue to hold the selector in the
position until all the water has emptied or until you feel all
mineral deposits have been flushed. If necessary, rock iron side to
side and front to back.
button at 5-second intervals for a
. Be careful, as hot water and steam will
6. When finished, release the selector, stand the iron on its heel rest and plug it in. Heat
for about 2 minutes to dry out any remaining water.
STORING YOUR IRON
1. Unplug the iron and allow it to cool.
2. Check that the selector is set to
3. Store vertically on its heel rest to prevent water leaking from the soleplate.