The following power supplies can be used with the
• BP-L40/L60/L60A/L90/L90A lithium-ion battery
• NP-1B Ni-Cd Battery Pack (The DC-L1Battery
Adaptor is required.)
• BP-90A Ni-Cd Battery Pack (The DC-L90 Battery
Adaptor is required.)
Using a BP-L40/L60/L60A/L90/L90A Battery Pack
With a battery pack, the camcorder will operate
continuously for the time shown below.
BP-L40: Approx. 80 minutes
BP-L60A: Approx. 180 minutes
BP-L90A: Approx. 290 minutes
Before use, charge the battery pack with a BC-L50/
L100/L100CE Battery Charger.
Notes on using the battery pack
• A warm battery pack may not be able to be fully
• Even when fully charged, battery packs gradually
lose their charge naturally. Use the battery packs as
soon as possible after recharging.
• To prolong the life of battery packs, store them in a
cool place (about 20°C (68°F ), and charge in a place
with an ambient temperature between 10°C and 30°C
(50°F to 86°F).
• At low temperatures, the usable time of battery packs
decreases. When the ambient temperature is 0°C
(32°F), usable time decreases by about 10%.
(However, the usable time is affected by the power
Attaching the battery pack
Press the battery pack against
the rear of the camcorder,
aligning the side line of the
battery pack with the line on
Chapter 2 Fitting and Connections
• AC power (The AC-550/550CE, AC-DN1 or CMA-
8/8CE AC Adaptor is required.)
Alternatively, you can make combined use of internal
and external batteries, by mounting one of the above
batteries as an internal battery and connecting an
external battery that can be a BP-90A contained in a
DC-210 Battery Adaptor and connected to the DC IN
connector of the camcorder.
consumption of the connected camcorder and the
usage status of the battery packs.) The usable time of
battery packs increases if they are warmed to the
room temperature (about 20°C (68°F)) before use at
• If you use the BP-L40 at temperatures of 0°C (32°F)
or below, when power consumption of the camcorder
and accessories is 40 W or higher (due to using a
video light, for example), power may break after a
short time (a few minutes). To increase the usable
time, store the BP-L40 in a warm place and power on
the connected camcorder before the BP-L40 cools
• Compared to the BP-L40, the BP-L60/L60A/L90/
L90A offer better performance at low temperatures.
The BP-L60/L60A/L90/L90A are recommended for
use at low temperatures.
• Carrying a spare battery pack is recommended.
The BP-L40/L60/L60A/L90/L90A is free from
memory effect. There is no need to discharge it fully
L O C
Align these lines.