PART 1 – GENERAL
A. The requirements of this Section shall conform to the general provisions of the Con-
tract, including General and Supplementary Conditions, Conditions of the Contract,
and Contract Drawings.
B. Provide microprocessor-controlled, multiple-scroll compressor, air-cooled, liquid chill-
ers of the scheduled capacities as shown and indicated on the drawings, including but
not limited to:
1. Chiller package with zero ozone depletion potential Refrigerant R-410A
2. Electrical power and control connections
3. Chilled water connections
4. Manufacturer start-up
5. Charge of refrigerant and oil.
1.02 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Products shall be Designed, Tested, Rated and Certified in accordance with, and In-
stalled in compliance with applicable sections of the following Standards and Codes:
1. AHRI 550/590 – Water Chilling Packages Using the Vapor Compression Cycle.
2. AHRI 370 – Sound Rating of Large Outdoor Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning
3. ANSI/ASHRAE 15 – Safety Code for Mechanical Refrigeration.
4. ANSI/ASHRAE 34 – Number Designation and Safety Classification of Refrigerants.
5. ASHRAE 90.1 – Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Build-
6. ANSI/NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code (N.E.C.).
7. ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 1.
8. OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Act.
9. Manufactured in facility registered to ISO 9001.
10. Conform to Intertek Testing Services for construction of chillers and provide ETL/
cETL Listed Mark.
B. Factory Run Test: Chiller shall be pressure-tested, evacuated and fully charged with re-
frigerant and oil, and shall be factory operational run tested with water flowing through
FORM QTC3-EG6 (1118)