Description of the device
Properties of the CP 5613 A3
The CP 5613 A3 is a communications processor for connecting PCs (personal computers) or
PGs (programming devices) to PROFIBUS and MPI networks. The essential properties are
● Transmission speeds up to 12 Mbps.
● Floating RS-485 connector.
● Linking of up to 32 devices (PC, PG, SIMATIC S7 or ET 200) to form a network segment.
● The additional interface signals for a direct link to a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
● Installation in PGs and PCs with a PCI slot. The following is supported:
● Optimized for fast DP master operation (DP Base) with up to 124 DP slaves with full data
● Relief of the PC/PG with event mechanisms.
● Fast logic support regardless of the user program.
● Measurement of own operating temperature with temperature sensor.
● Display of the total operating hours with operating hours counter.
CP 5613 A3 / CP 5614 A3
Operating Instructions, 10/2012, C79000-G8976-C277-01
– By linking several segments with repeaters, up to 124 nodes can be connected.
are supported up to 187.5 Kbps.
– PCI, 33 MHz / 66 MHz, 32 bits / 64 bits
– Plug and play
– Automatic detection of data changes.
– Automatic linking of input and output data can be set by the user program.