OUTDOOR UNIT INSTALLATION
1) Choose a place sturdy enough to bear the weight and vibrations of
the unit, and where the operation noise will not be amplified.
2) Choose a location where neither the hot air discharged from the
unit nor the operation noise will cause a nuisance to the
neighbors of the user.
3) Avoid places near bedrooms and the like, so that the operation
noise will cause no disturbances.
4) There must be sufficient space for carrying the unit into and out
from the site.
5) There must be sufficient space for air passage, and no
obstructions around the air inlet and the air outlet.
6) The site must be free from the poss心lity of flammable gas
leakage in a nearby place.
7) Install units, power cords, and inter-unit wire at least 3m away
from television and radio sets. This is to prevent interference from
images and sounds. (Noises may be heard even if they are more
than 3m away, depending on radio wave cond仆ions.)
8) In coastal areas, or other places with salty atmosphere, or sulfate
gas, corrosion may shorten the life of the air conditioner.
9) Since drain flows out of the outdoor unit, do not place anything
underneath the unit that must be kept away from moisture
Cannot be installed hanging from ceiling, or stacked.
When operating the air conditioner in a low outdoor ambient
temperature, be sure to follow the instructions described below.
- To prevent exposure to wind, install the outdoor unit with its suction
side facing the wall.
- Never install the outdoor unit in a site where the suction side may
be exposed directly to wind.
- To prevent exposure to wind, it is recommended to install a baffle
plate on the air discharge side of the outdoor unit.
- In heavy snowfall areas, select an installation site where the snow
will not affect the unit.
- Construct a la「ge canopy.
- Construct a pedestal.
Install the unit high enough off the
ground to prevent burying in snow
1) Caution on pipe handling
Protect the open end of the pipe against dust and moisture.
• All pipe bends should be as gentle as possible. Use a pipe
bender for bending.
1 1 ' I '
' ' i i :
If no flare cap is
available, cover the
flare mouth with
tape to keep dirt or