CHAPTER -4: PREPARING THE MACHINE FOR USE
Combined detergents may include various properties. Before using the detergent, read the instructions carefully.
Generally combined detergents produce sufficent results under certain conditions only.
Points to consider when using this type of products:
• Check the specifications of the product whether it is combined or not.
• Check if the detergent used is appropriate for the hardness of mains water.
• Observe the instructions of products on packagings.
• Always put the tablets into the detergent compartment in the detergent dispenser.
• You need to contact the manufacturers and find out about the suitable conditions of use.
• If you use appropriate products, they ensure savings in salt and/or rinse aid consumption.
• The scope of warranty for your machine does not cover any complaints caused by the use of these types of
Recommended usage: If you want to obtain better results while using combined detergents, add salt and rinse
aid into your machine and adjust the water hardness setting and the rinse aid setting to the lowest position.
Solubility of the tablet detergents produced by different companies can vary depending on
the temperature and time. Therefore, it is not recommended to use such detergents in short
programs. It is more suitable to use powder detergents in such programs.
Warning: Should any problem, which you have not encountered before arise with the use of this type of
detergents, contact the detergent manufacturers directly.
When you stop using combined detergents
• Fill the salt and rinse aid compartments.
• Adjust the water hardness setting to the highest position and run an empty-wash.
• Adjust the water hardness level.
• Make the suitable rinse aid setting.
Filling with rinse aid and making the setting
Adequate amount of rinse aid prevents white water drops, lime stains, white film stripshaped. It also increases
To put rinse aid, remove the rinse aid compartment cap by turning it.1 Fill the rinse aid compartment with
rinse to add rinse aid level indicator becomes dark;2 refit the cap and close it by turning it in a way that the
nails, correspond to one another. By checking the rinse aid level indicator on the detergent dispenser, you can
understand whether or not your machine needs rinse aid. A dark indicator b means that there is rinse aid in the
compartment, while a light indicator a shows that you need to fill the compartment with rinse aid.
The rinse aid level adjuster can be set to a position between 1 and 6. Factory setting for rinse aid is the
You need to increase the degree of the adjuster if water stains form on your dishes after a wash,
whereas you need to decrease the degree if a blue stain is left when wiped by hand. 3
Warning: Use only those rinse aid materials which are allowed for use in the machine. As rinse aid residues left
as a result of overflowing will create extremely high amounts of foam and thus reduce the washing performance,
remove the excess amount of rinse aid by wiping it with a rag.