Check regularly if updates are available for download to your device.
You can find additional information on the Internet at the following address: After Sales
Information system (http://www.siemens.com/asis).
Noting down and restoring BIOS Setup settings
Irretrievable loss of data
All BIOS Setup settings are deleted after the BIOS update. This can put the system in an
undefined state. This may damage the device and the plant.
1. Print out the table in the next section "General BIOS Setup settings".
2. Enter your specific BIOS Setup setting in this table before you run a BIOS update.
3. Start BIOS Setup after the BIOS update.
4. Load the BIOS Setup default settings with <F9> "Setup Defaults". Or use the BIOS
5. Make your own Setup settings based on the table you have printed out.
6. Save the BIOS Setup settings with <F10> "Save and Exit".
Performing a BIOS update
Damage to the device
If you switch off the device during the update, the BIOS will be incomplete and corrupt. This
may result in malfunctions.
Leave the device switched on during the update.
If you have purchased a new BIOS update for your device, follow these steps to install the
1. Connect the device to the power supply.
2. Copy the update to a USB memory stick.
Operating Manual, 05/2016, A5E33664825-AB
Setup command "Load Optimal Defaults" in the "Exit" menu.