• Remove the arbor nut (3), outer blade
flange (4) and blade (7). Clean but do
not remove the inner blade flange (6)
before reassembling the blade.
INSTALLING THE RIVING KNIFE
(FIGURE Q, R, S)
• To avoid injury from an accidental
start, make sure the switch is in
the OFF position and the plug is
disconnected from the power source
• Never operate this saw without the
riving knife in the correct position.
• Remove the table insert.
• Raise the blade to the maximum height
position by turning the blade elevation/
tilting handwheel (1) clockwise.
• Loosen the blade lock knob (2). Turn
and move the handwheel (1) to 45° on
the bevel scale.
• Tighten the blade lock knob (2).
•. Place the riving knife (3) on the
mounting bracket (4) located behind the
blade. The two pins (5) on the bracket
should fit into the slot on the riving
• Make sure the riving knife (3) is in its
NOTE: The riving knife has two
positions, the high position for all
through cuts and the lower position for
all non-through cuts.
• Insert the set plate (6), making sure the
two outer holes fit into the two pins on
the mounting bracket.
• Insert the washer (7) into the lock
lever (8) and insert into the middle hole
of the set plate (6) and tighten.
• Loosen the blade lock knob (2) and
return the blade to 0° and lock.
• Place the table insert back into position.
• To avoid the lock lever (8) interfering
with the table insert, after tighten the
riving knife, position the lock lever
pointing downward before using
saw. Failure to maintain the level
of table insert can result in serious
injury to the operator.
• The lever can be pulled out to adjust
the lever into the down position as
shown below in Figure S.
cavity side face
to lock lever