SETUP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PC
= With all PC games(*), always connect the TH8A shifter directly to one
of the PC's USB ports.
- Connect the TH8A shifter's DIN connector to the DIN / USB cable.
- Connect the TH8A shifter to one of your PC's USB ports.
- When connected to a PC, the TH8A shifter is a Plug & Play device and is automatically detected
- The device then appears as 'T500 RS Gear Shift' in the Windows® Control Panel.
- Click Properties to test and view the device's features.
- Start the game.
You are now ready to race!
(*) Important recommendations for PCs (applicable only if using a
Thrustmaster racing wheel featuring a built-in shifter connector)
- When using the TH8A shifter's SEQUENTIAL (+/-) shift plate, you can also connect the
shifter at the back of the racing wheel using the detachable DIN / DIN cable. The TH8A shifter
is then connected to the racing wheel's UP (= 2) and DOWN (= 1) paddle shifters.
With this racing wheel, the TH8A shifter's SEQUENTIAL (+ /-) shift plate functions with 100% of
racing games for PC that are compatible with the racing wheel.
- Some games enable you to use two TH8A shifters simultaneously:
One TH8A shifter with an H-PATTERN (7+1) shift plate, connected to the PC's USB port
+ One TH8A shifter with a SEQUENTIAL (+/-) shift plate, connected to the back of the racing wheel
* On PC, the Thrustmaster shifter is compatible with:
- all games supporting MULTI-USB and shifters.
- all wheels on the market.
* We recommend connecting your racing wheel and TH8A shifter directly to your PC's
USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0) ports, without using a hub.
* For some PC games, you must install the latest available game updates in order for
the TH8A shifter to function properly.
* For some PC games (in order to avoid any conflicts between the wheel and the TH8A
shifter), it may be necessary:
- not to map anything onto the wheel's gear shift paddles.
- to enable the "Hold button for gear" function.