PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Please keep this manual in a safe and handy place for future reference.
• This AC adaptor is designed for use with only Yamaha electronic
instruments. Do not use for any other purpose.
• Indoor use only. Do not use in any wet environments.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or
even death from electrical shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These
precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/AC adaptor
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as heaters or
radiators. Also, do not excessively bend or otherwise damage the
cord, or place heavy objects on it.
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the instrument. The
required voltage is printed on the name plate of the instrument.
• Use the specified adaptor (page 72) only. Using the wrong adaptor
can result in damage to the instrument or overheating.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any dirt or dust
which may have accumulated on it.
Do not open
• This instrument contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open
the instrument or attempt to disassemble or modify the internal
components in any way. If it should appear to be malfunctioning,
discontinue use immediately and have it inspected by qualified
Yamaha service personnel.
For AC adaptor
• When setting up, make sure that the AC outlet is easily accessible.
If some trouble or malfunction occurs, immediately turn off the
power switch of the instrument and disconnect the AC adaptor
from the outlet. When the AC adaptor is connected to the AC outlet,
keep in mind that electricity is flowing at the minimum level, even if
the power switch is turned off. When you are not using the
instrument for a long time, make sure to unplug the power cord
from the wall AC outlet.
• Do not expose the instrument to rain, use it near water or in damp
or wet conditions, or place on it any containers (such as vases,
bottles or glasses) containing liquids which might spill into any
openings. If any liquid such as water seeps into the instrument,
turn off the power immediately and unplug the power cord from the
AC outlet. Then have the instrument inspected by qualified Yamaha
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
PSR-E453/PSR-EW400 Owner's Manual