• Do not insert a finger or hand in any gaps on the instrument.
• Never insert or drop paper, metallic, or other objects into the gaps
on the panel or keyboard. This could cause physical injury to you
or others, damage to the instrument or other property, or
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the instrument, or data that is lost or destroyed.
Always turn the power off when the instrument is not in use.
Even when the [
] (Standby/On) switch is in standby status (display is off), electricity is still flowing to the instrument at the minimum level.
When you are not using the instrument for a long time, make sure you unplug the power cord from the wall AC outlet.
Make sure to discard used batteries according to local regulations.
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage
to the product, damage to data, or damage to
other property, follow the notices below.
• Do not use the instrument in the vicinity of a TV, radio,
stereo equipment, mobile phone, or other electric devices.
Otherwise, the instrument, TV, or radio may generate noise.
When you use the instrument along with an application on
your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, we recommend that you
set "Airplane Mode" to "ON" on that device in order to
avoid noise caused by communication.
• Do not expose the instrument to excessive dust or
vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct
sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during the day) to
prevent the possibility of panel disfiguration, damage to
the internal components or unstable operation. (Verified
operating temperature range: 5° – 40°C, or 41° – 104°F.)
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the
instrument, since this might discolor the panel or
• When cleaning the instrument, use a soft cloth. Do not use
paint thinners, solvents, alcohol, cleaning fluids, or
chemical-impregnated wiping cloths.
• Some of the data of this instrument (page 39) are retained
when the power is turned off. However, the saved data may
be lost due to some failure, an operation mistake, etc. Save
your important data onto USB flash drive/an external
device such as a computer (pages 36, 64). Before using a
USB flash drive, make sure to refer to page 62.
• To protect against data loss through USB flash drive
damage, we recommend that you save your important data
onto spare USB flash drive or an external device such as a
computer as backup data.
• Do not rest your weight on, or place heavy objects on the
instrument, and do not use excessive force on the buttons,
switches or connectors.
• Do not use the instrument/device or headphones for a long period
of time at a high or uncomfortable volume level, since this can
cause permanent hearing loss. If you experience any hearing loss
or ringing in the ears, consult a physician.
• Copying of the commercially available musical data
including but not limited to MIDI data and/or audio data is
strictly prohibited except for your personal use.
• This product incorporates and bundles contents in which
Yamaha owns copyrights or with respect to which Yamaha
has license to use others' copyrights. Due to copyright
laws and other relevant laws, you are NOT allowed to
distribute media in which these contents are saved or
recorded and remain virtually the same or very similar to
those in the product.
* The contents described above include a computer
program, Accompaniment Style data, MIDI data, WAVE
data, voice recording data, a score, score data, etc.
* You are allowed to distribute medium in which your
performance or music production using these contents is
recorded, and the permission of Yamaha Corporation is
not required in such cases.
About functions/data bundled with the
• Some of the preset songs and the songs that can be
downloaded from the Yamaha website have been edited for
length or arrangement, and may not be exactly the same as
About this manual
• The illustrations and LCD screens as shown in this manual
are for instructional purposes only, and may appear
somewhat different from those on your instrument.
• Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft®
Corporation in the United States and other countries.
• iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.,
registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• The company names and product names in this manual are
the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
PSR-E453/PSR-EW400 Owner's Manual