After recording finishes, "Writing!" appears indi-
cating that the recorded data is being stored, and
then the recorded track numbers in the display
• Never attempt to turn the power off when "Writing!" is
shown in the display. Doing so can result in a loss of
To play back the recorded Song, press
] (Start/Stop) button.
• When recording Pattern playback with Retrigger
Note that the beat indicator in the display, metronome
and Arpeggio playback are not synchronized with play-
back of the recorded Song.
Limitations while recording
• The on/off status of ACMP cannot be changed.
• Playback cannot be changed between Style and Pat-
• The Pattern number can be changed while the Style
• When you use a Style/Pattern, the following parame-
ters cannot be changed: Reverb Type, Chorus Type,
Time Signature, Style number and Style/Pattern Vol-
• Performance with a Split Voice cannot be recorded.
• The audio input from an external device (playback
sound on the connected computer or audio device)
cannot be recorded.
Recording Your Performance
Recording to a Specified Track
This section explains how to record to a specified
track. This is useful when you want to record the
additional performances to an already recorded
Song, or re-record only one track of an already
Press the [SONG] button, and then select
the desired User Song from 031–040
(User 1–10) as the recording target.
While holding down the [REC] button,
press the desired Track button to enter
the Record Ready mode.
If you want to record only the melody:
While holding down the [REC] button, press
one of the [1/RIGHT]– buttons.
Press and hold
If you want to record only the Style play-
Press the [STYLE] button, select the desired
Style, then simultaneously hold down the
[REC] button and press the [A] button. ACMP
is automatically turned on.
Press and hold
PSR-E453/PSR-EW400 Owner's Manual