You can simply enjoy listening to the internal Songs, or use them with just about any of
the functions, such as Lesson.
The Songs are organized by category as listed below.
• In addition to the 30 preset Songs in this instrument, you can enjoy extra Songs downloadable from the Yamaha website. For details,
refer to page 11.
• For instructions on transferring Songs from a computer to this instrument, refer to the online PDF manual (page 11) "Computer-related
The numbers are generally assigned to the Songs in the following sequence: Songs transferred from a computer, Songs in the USB
flash drive. When you transfer a Song from a computer while the USB flash drive is connected to the instrument, the transferred Song
will be inserted before the first USB Song number, moving all USB Song numbers later in sequence.
Listening to a Demo Song
Press the [DEMO] button to play Demo Songs 001–
003 in sequence. Playback will repeat continuously,
starting again from the first Song (001).
To stop playback, press the [DEMO] or [
Selecting and Playing Back a
Press the [SONG] button, then rotate the
dial to select the desired Song.
For a list of available Songs, refer to the Song List
in the separate Data List.
You can select User Songs, Songs transferred
from a computer, and Songs in the USB flash
drive in the same way as above.
PSR-E453/PSR-EW400 Owner's Manual
• Gives you an idea of the advanced capabilities of this instrument.
• Demonstrates many useful Voices of this instrument.
• These piano solo pieces are ideally suited for the Song Lesson.
• These piano ensemble pieces are also well suited for the Song Lesson.
• These songs are ideal for when you want to practice backing (accompaniment) patterns.
• Songs you record yourself (page 32).
• FLASH MEMORY: Songs transferred from a computer (page 36).
• USB: Songs in the USB flash drive (page 62).
Press the [
To stop playback, press the [
Appears when in the
] (Start/Stop) button to
Each arrow mark flashes in
time with the beat.
• External MIDI Songs containing the Portamento Control
and Scale Tune settings may not be played correctly.
• If playback of a Song in the USB flash drive or a Song
transferred from a computer produces the distorted
sound, decrease the Song volume (page 57) to reduce
the distortion, and then adjust the master volume (page