White Point Matching/Copy Calibration
Use GammaComp MD Quality Control Software for history management (Constancy test). Before proper copy calibration can be
performed, displays should warm-up for a minimum 30 minutes. If the sensor is plugged in before the minute warm-up, a warning will
appear on-screen (Figure C.4). NOTE: Stand-alone calibration can only be performed using the GretagMacbeth Eye-One Display
Sensor. Refer to the KEY MAP (Figure A) when changing settings during the calibration.
1. Plug-in the USB sensor to the USB sensor port (Figure C.1).
USB sensor port can only be used for the sensor connection.
2. The calibration menu will open automatically and the USB sensor will begin to initialize. After initializing, the DARK-
MEASUREMENT message is displayed. If the DARK-MEASUREMENT message is not displayed, please proceed to step 5.
3. Place the USB sensor face down on a non-reflective, opaque surface (ie...desk or a mousepad) to measure the black
level (Figure C.3). Press "SELECT".
4. After the DARK-MEASUREMENT has succeeded (Figure C.5), press SELECT to continue. If dark-measurement fails (Figure C.6),
restart calibration procedure at Step 1.
5. Display A must display a white screen, enter the Advanced OSM by pressing RESET and EXIT. Use "<" or ">" keys to
move into Tag 6 and select SELF-TEST MODE.
6. Using "+" or "–", select COPY in the MODE selection (Figure C.7). Select ON of OFF in the SELF selection. If ON selected,
SELF Calibration execute with COPY Calibration.
7. Select the target GAMMA: NO CORRECTION, DICOM, LOG LINEAR, PROGRAMMABLE and CUSTOM. Please
select the same target GAMMA as Display A.
If CUSTOM is selected, the Gamma Value can be manually changed in intervals of 0.1 at 0.5-4.0.
8. The procedure will ask for the USB sensor to be placed on the center of the display panel (Figure C.8). Tilt the display
panel approximately 5˚ backward and place the USB sensor in the center of the display panel (Figure C.1).
Place the USB sensor flat against the display to avoid external light contamination. DO NOT press the
calibrator against the display panel. Press "SELECT".
USB icon ( ) is on
the other side
Display A – SOURCE display of white point to copy.
Display B – TARGET display which performs a copy calibration.
< / >
changes from setting to setting
– / +
changes the setting selection
(ie...SELF or COPY)
moves to the next step of calibration
moves back one step of calibration