15. Set the following DHCP and Static IP Address/Subnet information for the LAN interface:
• Use DHCP - Select the checkbox to enable an automatic network address configuration using the
Access Point's DHCP server.
• Static IP Address/Subnet - Enter an IP Address and a subnet for the Access Point's LAN interface. If
Use DHCP is selected, this field is not available. When selecting this option, define the following DHCP
Server and Domain Name Server (DNS) resources, as those fields will become enabled on the bottom
portion of the screen.
• Use on-board DHCP server to assign IP addresses to wireless clients - Select the checkbox to
enable the Access Point's DHCP server to provide IP and DNS information to clients on the LAN
• Range - Enter a starting and ending IP Address range for client assignments on the LAN interface.
Avoid assigning IP addresses from x.x.x.1 - x.x.x.10 and x.x.x.255, as they are often reserved for
standard network services. This is a required parameter.
• Default Gateway - Define a default gateway address for use with the default gateway. This is a
• DNS Forwarding - Select this option to allow a DNS server to translate domain names into IP
addresses. If this option is not selected, a primary and secondary DNS resource must be specified.
DNS forwarding is useful when a request for a domain name is made but the DNS server, responsible
for converting the name into its corresponding IP address, cannot locate the matching IP address.
• Primary DNS - Enter an IP Address for the main Domain Name Server providing DNS services for
the Access Point's LAN interface.
• Secondary DNS - Enter an IP Address for the backup Domain Name Server providing DNS services
for the Access Point's LAN interface.
AP 6522M Access Point