Before installing an AP 6522M model Access Point, verify the following:
• If a DC power supply is used, ensure it's the approved power supply for the AP 6522M
• It is recommended you do not to install the AP 6522M in wet or dusty areas.
• Verify the environment has a continuous temperature range between 0° C to 40° C.
2.3 Access Point Placement
For optimal performance, install the Access Point away from transformers, heavy-duty motors, fluorescent lights,
microwave ovens, refrigerators and other industrial equipment. Signal loss can occur when metal, concrete, walls
or floors block transmission. Install the Access Point in an open area or add Access Points as needed to improve
Antenna coverage is analogous to lighting. Users might find an area lit from far away to be not bright enough. An
area lit sharply might minimize coverage and create dark areas. Uniform antenna placement in an area (like even
placement of a light bulb) provides even, efficient coverage.
Place the Access Point using the following guidelines:
• Install the Access Point at an ideal height of 10 feet from the ground.
• Orient the Access Point for optimal performance.
To maximize the Access Point's radio coverage area, it is recommended to conduct a site survey to define and
document radio interference obstacles before installing the Access Point.
2.4 Wall Mount Instructions
Wall mounting requires hanging the AP 6522M along its width or length using the two slots on the bottom of the
unit. The AP 6522M can be mounted on to any plaster, wood, or cement wall surface using customer supplied screw
hardware (M3.5 x 0.6 x 20 mm- or equivalent).
2.4.1 Wall Mount Hardware
• Two wide-shoulder Phillips pan head self-tapping screws (customer supplied)
• Two wall anchors (customer supplied)
The following screws are recommended: (ANSI Standard) #6-18 X
0.875in. Type A or AB Self-Tapping Screw, or (ANSI Standard Metric)
M3.5 X 0.6 X 20mm Type D Self-Tapping Screw.