7 Mechanical assembly and set-up
The safe operation of the lift door drive requires that it is correctly installed and put into
operation by qualified personnel under consideration of the warning references in these
Before working on the door drive you must ensure that voltage has been removed from
the controller. Only then can you be sure the door is unable to move.
The mechanical assembly and set-up of the lift door drive take place in six steps:
1. Mount the motor onto the motor mount (rubber-bonded metal).
Then, if necessary, mount the motor onto the mounting bracket.
2. If necessary, install the guide roller with mounting bracket.
Pay attention to the adjustment of drive pinion and guide roller; these should align with
each other as exactly as possible (aligning).
3. Bolt the toothed belt together with the door latch and mount.
Only use as door catch (toothed belt lock) the door catch described in the Appendix!
Unsuitable mounting can cause a notch effect on the toothed belts, which can lead to
damage of the toothed belt!
The door catch (toothed belt lock) may not run over the drive pinion or the guide roller!
4. Adjust the toothed belt with the help of the tightener. The correct belt tension is
reached when the toothed belt can be pushed down in the centre approx. 3 cm for each
meter distance between the drive pinion and guide roller.
5. Install the controller in the proximity of the drive motor (consider the cable length).
6. Install the power transformer in the proximity of the controller (consider the cable
If there is a short circuit on the secondary side of the power transformer (defect of the
controller), the temperature of the transformer housing will increase up to over 105°C.
For this reason, the power transformer must be mounted on non-flammable materials.
It must also be prevented that unauthorised people are able to contact the housing.
The service staff is to be instructed.
Operating instructions AT18 SEDM