Your BLACK+DECKER™ JE500 Juicer has
been designed for juicing fruits and
vegetables. This product is intended for
household use only.
Read this entire manual carefully
before using the appliance.
Warning! When using
mains-powered appliances, basic
safety precautions, including the
following, should always be followed to
reduce the risk of ﬁre, electric shock and
• The intended use is described in this
manual. The use of any accessory or
attachment or the performance of any
operation with this appliance other than
those recommended in this instruction
manual may present a risk of personal
• Retain this manual for future reference.
Using your appliance
• Always take care when using the
• Never pull the power supply cord to
disconnect the plug from the socket.
Keep the power supply cord away from
heat, oil and sharp edges.
• Do not place the appliance on or near
heat sources or in a heated oven.
• Do not use the appliance outdoors.
• Always protect the motor unit from
water or excessive humidity.
• If the power supply cord is damaged
during use, disconnect the appliance
from the power supply immediately. Do
not touch the power supply cord before
disconnecting from the power supply.
• Disconnect the appliance from the power
supply when not in use, before ﬁtting or
removing parts and before cleaning.
• Never let the appliance operate
• Never reach into the feeding tube with
your ﬁngers or an object while the
appliance is running. Only the pusher is to
be used for this purpose.
• Only unlock the clamp after you have
switched the appliance o and any
moving parts have stopped.
• Do not touch the small cutting blades in
the base of the rotary sieve.
• Do not touch the cutting blades.
• Keep any loose clothing or long hair away
from the feeding tube and any moving
• Care shall be taken when handling the
sharp cutting blades, emptying the bowl
and during cleaning.
• Do not immerse the appliance, cord set or
plug in liquids.
Safety of others
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical sensory or mental capabilities, or
lack of experience and knowledge, unless
they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for
• Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the appliance.