Register your product at www.prodprotect.com/applica
MODEL ❑ CJ630
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
When using any electrical appliance, basic safety
precautions should always be followed, including
❍ Read all instructions.
❍ To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not
immerse cord, plug or base unit in water or other liquid.
❍ Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is
used by or near children.
❍ Unplug from the outlet when not in use, before putting
on or taking off parts and before cleaning.
❍ Avoid contact with moving parts.
❍ Do not operate appliance if it has a damaged cord or
plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped
or damaged in any manner. Return this appliance to
an authorized service center for examination, repair or
electrical or mechanical adjustment.
❍ The use of accessories or attachments not
recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire,
electric shock or injury.
❍ Do not use outdoors.
❍ Do not let cord hang over edge of the table or counter.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V Models Only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the
other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit
into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into
the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
a) A short power-supply cord (or detachable power-supply cord) is to
be provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled
in or tripping over a longer cord.
b) Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension cords are
available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
c) If a long detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used,
1) The marked electrical rating of the detachable power-supply
cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the
electrical rating of the appliance,
2) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord
should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord, and
3) The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape
over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by
children or tripped over.
Note: If the power-supply cord is damaged, it should be replaced by
qualified personnel; in Latin America, by an authorized service center.
Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
† 1. Storage cover
(Part # CJ630-01)
† 2. Large self-reversing
cone (Part # CJ630-02)
† 3. Small self-reversing
cone with stirrers
(Part # CJ630-03)
† 4. Strainer with adjustable
(Part # CJ630-04)
† 6. Clear-view, 1-Liter
(Part # CJ630-05)
7. Base stem
9. Built-in cord wrap
Note: † indicates consumer
ASSEMBLING YOUR JUICER
1. Place the base stem through the container
until the container rests on the base (A).
2. Secure the container to the base (B).
3. Place the strainer on top of the container,
with the pulp control tab directly on top of
the handle (C).
4. Choose a self-reversing cone.
Important: If choosing the large self-
reversing cone, place it on top of the small
self-reversing cone. Insert the notches of
the large cone into the stirrers of the small
cone until they snap into place (D).
Note: Small cone is recommended for small
fruits such as lemons and large cone for
larger fruits such as grapefruits.
5. Place the base stem through the cone until
the cone rests on top of the strainer (E).
HOW TO USE
1. Unwrap the cord from the base.
2. Plug the cord into a standard electrical outlet.
3. Adjust the pulp control to the desired amount
of pulp in your juice (F).
4. Cut fruit in half (examples: orange, lime,
lemon or grapefruit).
5. Place the cut-side of the fruit on top of the
6. Using firm-to-moderate pressure, press down
on the fruit to start the juicing action (G).
7. Release pressure to stop the self-reversing
cone from rotating.
Important: The motor stops automatically when
the pressure is completely released.
8. Press down on the fruit again and the self-reversing cone will
start rotating in the opposite direction.
Note: Repeat steps 6-8 several times for best juicing results.
9. To continue juicing, remove used fruit and repeat steps 4-8.
10. When done juicing, remove the fruit from the cone.
Important: The motor stops automatically when you remove the
fruit from the cone.
11. Unplug the cord from the standard electrical outlet.
12. To serve or pour the juice, remove the cone and strainer by lifting
them straight up.
13. Lift the container straight up and pour the juice.
CARE AND CLEANING
This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to
qualified service personnel.
1. Always unplug the unit before cleaning or when not in use.
2. Remove the cover (first time use), cone and strainer from the
container by liftingthem straight up.
3. Immediately rinse the cone and strainer with water after each use.
4. Lift the container straight up.
5. Use warm, sudsy water to wash all removable parts (cover, cones,
strainer and container) or place them in the dishwasher — top
6. Use a bristle brush to remove fine pulp that may remain on the
7. Wipe the base with a damp cloth or sponge; do not immerse in
water or place in the dishwasher.
8. Dry all parts before reassembling your juicer (see ASSEMBLING
YOUR JUICER section).
1. Unplug the unit.
2. Wrap the cord around the base of the unit.
3. Before reassembling your juicer, make sure all parts are dry (see
ASSEMBLING YOUR JUICER section).
4. Place storage cover over the juicer to keep it dust free.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the
appropriate 800 number on the front of this sheet. Please DO NOT
return the product to the place of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail
product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a service center. You may
also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this manual.
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however,
Applica's liability will not exceed the purchase price of product.
For how long?
• Two years from the date of original purchase with proof of such
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is
either new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or
call toll-free 1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• Damage from commercial use
• Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however,
that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of
consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not
apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have
other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
is a registered trademark of The Black & Decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA
es una marca registrada de The Black & Decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, E.U.