7. Press the "
" Button – it is not necessary to wait for the
boiler to heat. This activates the water pump and fills the
brewing boiler with water. After a few seconds, water will
flow from the brew head. When the cup is full, press the "
Button again to stop the water pump. The brewing boiler is
now ready for use.
8. Place the frothing jug under the nozzle of the
For the finest results when brewing espresso, see pages 12–15.
1. Make certain the water tank has an adequate supply of
water (the water level should be between the "max" and
"min" fill lines).
2. Select the small or large capacity filter basket. Use the
small capacity basket for one cup (30 ml) of espresso, and
the large capacity basket for two cups (60 ml). The small
capacity basket can be used with paper coffee pods.
3. Press the filter basket into the filter holder until it snaps
into place. Do not fill the filter holder with coffee at this
4. Position the filter holder underneath the brew head and
align the filter holder handle with the " " on the left side of
the metal trim ring. Raise the filter holder into the brew
head, then move the filter holder handle to the right so that
it aligns with the " " on the metal trim ring.
5. Press the " " Button to turn the espresso machine on.
preparing the Espresso Machine for Use
9. Slowly open the "
" Dial by turning it counter-clockwise,
then press and hold the "
water pump and fills the frothing boiler with water. After a
few seconds, water will start flowing from the nozzle.
10. When the jug is about half full, release the "
close the "
" Dial by rotating it clockwise until it stops. The
frothing boiler is now ready for use.
11. If no espresso is desired at this time, press the " " Button to
turn the espresso machine off.
notE: Do not press the "
the tank. Damage to the water pump may occur. The espresso
machine should be turned off when not in use. This will
conserve energy and reduce wear on the machine.
6. Wait until the espresso machine has reached operating
temperature; this will take approximately 6 minutes.
" Button. This activates the
" Button and
" or "
" Buttons without water in