Hot water can also be dispensed from the frothing arm. This
provides a convenient way to make Americanos, tea, or hot
chocolate. Filling a demitasse with hot water is also a great way
to warm it before brewing espresso.
notE: It is recommended not to exceed 60 seconds when
producing steam or getting hot water. Always dispense hot
water into an empty container – dispensing into a cup or jug
containing other ingredients may cause splattering.
1. Press the " " Button to turn the espresso machine on.
2. Wait until the espresso machine has reached operating
temperature; this will take about 6 minutes. When the
frothing boiler temperature gauge needle climbs into the "
" zone, the espresso machine is ready to dispense hot
3. With the frothing arm pointed into an empty cup, open
" Dial by turning it slowly
counter-clockwise. Then press and hold the "
to dispense water.
Keeping the Artisan™ Espresso Machine clean is vital to brewing
the best espresso possible. Stale coffee oils on the filter holder,
filter baskets, and shower screen will ruin the flavor of the most
expertly prepared coffee, and any milk left on the frothing arm
should be removed.
Before cleaning the Espresso Machine
1. Turn off the espresso machine.
2. Unplug the espresso machine from the wall outlet, or
3. Let the espresso machine, and any attached parts or
cleaning the frothing Arm and nozzle
The frothing arm and nozzle should always be cleaned after milk
1. Remove the frothing sleeve from the frothing nozzle by
pulling it downward. The frothing sleeve can be washed in
warm, soapy water. Make sure any openings in the sleeve
are free of residue.
2. Wipe the frothing arm and nozzle with a clean damp cloth.
Do not use an abrasive scouring pad.
3. Plug into a grounded outlet.
4. Turn the espresso machine on, and let the boilers reach
operating temperature. Point the frothing arm into an
empty cup and open the "
through the frothing nozzle. This will clean the nozzle tip.
Dispensing hot Water
care and cleaning
" dial momentarily to run steam
notE: Residual frothing steam may exit the nozzle before
water dispenses. It may take several seconds for water to begin
flowing from the nozzle.
4. When the desired amount of water has been dispensed,
release the "
" Button and close the
" Dial by turning it clockwise until it stops.
cleaning the housing and Accessories
Do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads when cleaning
the espresso machine, or any espresso machine part or
• Wipe the espresso machine housing with a clean damp cloth
and dry with a soft cloth.
• Wash the filter holder in warm, soapy water and rinse with
clean water. Dry with a soft cloth. Do not wash the filter
holder in a dishwasher.
• The filter baskets, drip tray, drip plate, water tank, and frothing
jug can be washed in the top rack of a dishwasher, or by hand
in warm, soapy water. If washing by hand, be sure to rinse
with clean water and dry with a soft cloth.
• Use the shower screen brush or a damp cloth to brush or
wipe coffee grounds from the brew head gasket and shower