• Do not obstruct the ventilation openings. These openings prevent overheating of the
• Never push objects of any kind into slots or openings on this equipment. Making a
contact with a voltage point or shorting out a part may result in fire or electrical
Emergency power off
If any of the following conditions occur, immediately switch off the power to the machine
and disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Call an authorized Xerox service
representative to correct the problem.
• The machine emits unusual noises or odors.
• The power cord is damaged or frayed.
• A wall panel circuit breaker, fuse, or other safety device is tripped.
• Liquid is spilled into the machine.
• The machine is exposed to water.
• Any part of the machine is damaged.
This product shall be operated from the type of electrical supply indicated on the
product s data plate label. If you are not sure that your electrical supply meets the
requirements, please consult a licensed electrician for advice.
This equipment must be connected to a protective earth circuit. This equipment is
supplied with a plug that has a protective earth pin. This plug will only fit into an earthed
electrical outlet. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug into the
outlet, contact a licensed electrician to replace the outlet.
Always connect equipment to a correctly grounded power outlet. If in doubt, have the
outlet checked by a qualified electrician.
The power cable is the disconnect device for this equipment. To remove all electrical
power from the machine, disconnect the power cable from the electrical outlet.