Printer Control Code
The MZ-80P6 is a terminal printer capable of software control by the host machine and performs a
variety of functions through reception of the following control codes. Control codes and functions
differ with the printer for the MZ-80B and the printer for the MZ-80K or MZ-80A.
1. For MZ-80B
Data in the buffer are printed and the paper advances one line when
the LF code is input.
• When there are no printing data preceding the LF code or when
there are all spaces, the paper is fed only one line when the LF
code is input.
Data in the buffer are printed and vertical tabulation carried out
according to a previously determined program (explained later) when
the VT code is input.
Data in the buffer are printed and form feed (feed to the initial
printing position of the following page) carried out according to a
previously determined program (explained later) when the FF code is
(H orizontal tabu lation)
Horizontal tabulation is carried out according to a previously deter
mined program (explained later) when the HT code is input.
• The HT code is ignored if the positions of the horizontal tabula
tion were not previously set.
Data in the printer buffer are printed when the CR code is input.
• Printing data (full digits) including spaces are continuously input,
and data in the buffer are automatically printed when the sub
sequent effective data are printing data.
• When there are no printing data preceding the CR code or when
there are all spaces, the head does not move.
• If ESC+OAH (explained later) is previously determined, the paper
is fed one line after printing.
Printing, after the SO code is input, is double size.
double size printing of the normal printing mode or reduced printing
mode (SI code).
• The SO code can be input in any position in a line.
• If double size characters and normal size characters are mixed
in the same line, the 79th
character is the final position when
chang i ng dou ble size characters to norma I size characters.
• That function is cancelled by a new line or the DC4 code