8 | Appliance details
Unpacking the heater
Before installing the unit, be certain you have the correct heater for
your type of Gas - Propane or Natural Gas. Identification labels are
found on the shipping box, and on the rating plate which is located on the
right side panel of the cover.
Fig. 2 Rating plate
Type of gas
3.3.1 The box includes
• C 1210 ES/ESC
• Bracket for wall hanging the heater
• Exhaust vent adaptor (with 4 screws and gasket provided)
• Combustion air inlet adaptor (with 3 screws and gasket provided)
• Installation manual (manual can be downloaded at www.bosch-
• Product registration card
• Energy Guide label
Please complete and return the enclosed product registration card.
The C 1210 ES/ESC is not approved or designed for:
• Manufactured (mobile) homes, boats or any mobile installation.
(Modular homes are acceptable for installation).
• Use above 8000 ft A.S.L. altitude (see page 21).
• Outdoor installation without installation of Outdoor kit (BTOK).
• Applications where inlet water temperature is higher than 140°F
(60°C). A 3-way valve or mixing valve must be installed before
the appliance if inlet water temperature exceeds this limit.
6 720 644 887 (2013/02)
3.3.2 Remove front cover
▶ Loosen the two Phillips head screws located on bottom rear of cover.
Fig. 3 Loosen the two screws
▶ Lift front cover panel upward and remove.
Fig. 4 Remove the front cover
C 1210 ES/ESC