6 | FCC rules
FCC:This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause
harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The chart below shows the relationship between water temperature and
time until there is a risk of scalding. It can be used as the basis for
determining the safest water temperature for your application.
Time to severe scalding
120 °F (48 °C)
longer than 5 minutes
125 °F (51 °C)
1.5 to 2 minutes
130 °F (54 °C)
approx. 30 seconds
135 °F (57 °C)
approx. 10 seconds
140 °F (60 °C)
less than 5 seconds
145 °F (62 °C)
less than 3 seconds
150 °F (65 °C)
approx. 1.5 seconds
155 °F (68 °C)
approx. 1 second
Table 2 Approximate time-temperature relationship until there is a risk
1) Source: Moritz, A.R. and Henriques, F.C., Jr. (1947). Studies of thermal injury. II.
The relative importance of time and surface temperature in the causation of
cutaneous burns, Am J of Pathol, 23, 695-720.
Residential / Commercial models
• C 1210 ES residential model
6 720 644 887 (2013/02)
– maximum temperature 140 °F
• C 1210 ESC commercial model
– maximum temperature 180 °F
• Key Pad interface control.
• High power pre-mix compact burner with low NOx emissions.
• Modulating Gas Valve with constant gas:air ratio control.
• Modulating water valve for improved comfort and temperature
High quality materials for long working life
• Copper heat exchanger.
• High efficiency Ceramat Burner.
• Compact space saver: mounts on a wall with a supplied bracket.
• Easily removable one-piece cover.
• LCD Display with backlight
• On/Off and Temperature control buttons.
• Reset button.
• Program button (Selectable temperature default).
• Failure codes for easy diagnostics and repair.
• Real-time diagnostics for troubleshooting/informational purposes.
• Built in freeze prevention.
Note: The freeze prevention kit is designed to provide protection for the
water heater down to approximately 5°F for short term conditions only.
It will not protect the appliance in areas where the temperature is
routinely expected to be below freezing.
- The freeze prevention kit will not protect plumbing outside the
appliance from freezing. Precautions should be taken.
Accessories (Bosch part #)
• Optional wireless remote control to operate with the appliance
• Cascading kit (7709003962)
• Outdoor kit (BTOK)
• External water filter (part # 8 703 305 356)
• Concentric termination kit (196016)
• Exhaust/Intake bird screen (L2594)
• Condensate drain tee (196061) [included with Concentric
• Pipe Cover (PTPCES)
• High temperature kit (7736500074)
• Recess box kit (7736500043)
• Pressure relief valve 150 PSI (7738001152)
BOSCH is constantly improving its products, therefore
specifications are subject to change without prior
C 1210 ES/ESC