High voltage is present at the high voltage terminal of
the high voltage transformer during any cooking cycle.
It is neither necessary or advisable to attempt
measurement of the high voltage.
Before touching any oven components or wiring, always
unplug the oven from its power source and discharge
A microwave leakage test must be performed anytime
a door assembly is removed, replaced, disassembled,
or adjusted for any reason.
1. Disconnect power to oven.
2. Open the oven door, remove choke cover cap, or
choke cover and slowly raise the door evenly. This
disengages the pins at the top and bottom.
NOTE: When aligning the door for assembly, the door
must be opened as much as possible.
3. To place door back on unit, place bottom pin into slot
first and then align the top pin. Once pins are aligned
push door downward to lock into place.
4. Replace choke cover cap to complete assembly.
To avoid the risk of electrical shock, personal injury or
death; disconnect power to oven and discharge
capacitors before following any disassembly procedure.
1. Disconnect power to oven and remove oven door,
see "Door Removal" procedure.
2. Pry away choke cover, by placing a tool in the upper
right corner of the door and gently prying outward on
the choke cover. Continue to work around the door
casing until choke cover is completely loose.
To avoid property damage, care must be taken when
prying choke cover from oven door.
3. Slide latch assembly upward and to the left to
release plastic tabs from door frame. Once latch
assembly is loose the spring may be disconnected
from the door frame.
4. Remove screws securing door handle and door
frame to door panel.
5. Remove door frame by releasing tabs around entire
6. Remove door handle by placing a hand on door
panel next to the top of the door handle. Twist door
panel towards the inside of door and pulling on the
top portion of the door handle in a quick jerking
NOTE: When replacing door handle the bottom portion
of the door handle must be inserted first.
7. Slide door glass to the right slightly, then push the
door glass upward to release the glass from the
8. Reassemble in reverse order.
©2005 Maytag Services