If the following information is not followed exactly, a ﬁ re
causing death or serious injury may occur.
• Do not store a spare LP-gas cylinder under or near this grill.
• Never ﬁ ll the cylinder beyond 80 percent full.
IMPORTANT: This grill is manufactured for outdoor use only.
For grills that are to be used at elevations above 2000 feet, oriﬁ ce
conversion is required. See "Gas supply requirements" section.
It is the responsibility of the installer to comply with the minimum
installation clearances speciﬁ ed on the model/serial rating plate.
The model/serial rating plate can be found on the heat shield
behind control panel.
Copies of the standards listed may be obtained from:
National Fire Protection Association
One Batterymarch Park
Quincy, Massachusetts 02269
8501 East Pleasant Valley Rd.
Cleveland, Ohio 44131-5575
The California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement
Act requires the Governor of California to publish a list of
substances known to the State of California to cause cancer,
birth defects, or other reproductive harm, and requires
businesses to warn of potential exposure to such
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the
State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other
This appliance can cause low-level exposure to some of the
substances listed, including benzene, crystalline silica,
carbon monoxide, toluene, and soot.
In the State of Massachusetts, the following installation
• Installations and repairs must be performed by a qualiﬁ ed
or licensed contractor, plumber, or gasﬁ tter qualiﬁ ed or
licensed by the State of Massachusetts.
• If using a ball valve, it shall be a
• A ﬂ exible gas connector, when used, must not exceed
Tools and Parts
Gather the required tools and parts before starting installation.
Read and follow the instructions provided with any tools listed
Tools needed for built-in outdoor grill combustible construction
• Small, ﬂ at-blade screwdriver
• Flat-blade screwdriver
• Phillips screwdriver
• Tape measure or ruler
• Slip-joint pliers
• Pipe wrench
• Scissors or cutting pliers to remove tiedowns
Materials required for built-in outdoor grill combustible
• Gas line shutoff valve
• 1/2" male pipe thread nipple for connection to pressure regulator
• L.P. gas-resistant pipe-joint compound
• CSA design-certiﬁ ed ﬂ exible stainless steel appliance connector
[4-5 ft. (1.2-1.5 m)] or rigid gas supply line as needed
• Noncorrosive leak detection solution
Parts supplied for built-in outdoor grill combustible construction
• Convertible regulator set for 4" W.C. natural gas.
• 2 single-prong plugs / transformer assemblies.
• Rotisserie motor.
• Rotisserie forks.
• Rotisserie spit and handle.
• Insulated jacket.
Parts needed for built-in outdoor grill combustible construction
The built-in outdoor grills are manufactured for use with natural
To convert to L.P./propane gas, Gas Conversion Kit no. 4396311
must be used. Follow Instructions included with kit.