Manually lighting the burners
1. Use a paper match to light the burners.
2. Push in and turn the burner knob to
"LITE" for the burner closest to the lit
match. The burner will light immediately.
If burner does not light immediately, turn the
burner knob to "OFF" and wait 5 minutes
If any burners do not light after attempting
to manually light them, contact the
KitchenAid Assistance Center.
Using the rotisserie
back infrared burner
For best cooking results, do not use main
grill burners when using the rotisserie.
The rotisserie system is designed to cook
food from the rear using intense, searing
1. Remove warming shelf.
2. Mount rotisserie motor on the grill's
mounting bracket. Position it securely
into support bracket slots.
3. To load the spit rod, slide one of the
rotisserie forks onto the spit rod with
prongs facing away from handle.
4. Push spit rod through the center of the
food, then slide second rotisserie fork
5. Center the food and rotisserie forks on
spit rod and tighten wing nuts on the
rotisserie forks. If necessary, secure
loose food portions with butcher's
string only. Never use nylon or plastic
string which will melt and ruin the food.
6. Once the food is positioned on spit rod,
place pointed end of rod into rotisserie
motor and lower spit rod onto supports
at either side of the grill.
IMPORTANT: On Models KFGR292LSS,
the handle from the spit
rod when using the side
burner. The handle will
get "HOT" and failure to
remove it will cause the
handle to crack and
7. Plug single-prong plug into rotisserie
Plug into a grounded 3-prong outlet.
Do not remove ground prong.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension cord.
Failure to follow these instructions
can result in death, fire, or
8. Plug 3-prong plug into a grounded
To avoid product damage when not using
the rotisserie, remove motor and store
indoors. Remove spit rod and forks. Store
out of reach of children.
Lighting the infrared
1. Push in and turn rotisserie burner knob
2. At the same time, push in both red
button (left hand side) and burner
ignitor button (right hand side). You will
hear a "snapping" sound.
3. When infrared burner lights, release
the burner ignitor button but continue
pressing the red button for another 5 to
If the rotisserie burner does not light
immediately, turn the burner knob to "OFF",
wait 5 minutes before relighting.
Manually lighting infrared burner
1. Remove the manual lighting extension
from inside the drip tray.
2. Attach a match to the clip.
3. Strike the match to light it.
4. Carefully hold the lit match close to the
Electrical Shock Hazard
5. Push in and turn the infrared burner
control knob to "LITE".
6. Push in the red button above the
infrared burner control knob, the burner
will light immediately. Hold this button
in for 5 to 10 seconds.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each
infrared burner. (Number of infrared
burners varies by model.)
8. Replace manual lighting extension
inside the drip tray.
If the infrared burner does not light
immediately, turn the infrared burner
control knob to "OFF" and wait 5 minutes
Using the smoker box(es)
Do not remove the smoker box
when grill is hot.
Doing so can result in burns.
Your grill may have one or two slide-out
smoker boxes that can be used with the
main grill burners or the rotisserie.
The smoker trays are designed for easy
use. After deciding which wood chips to
use, follow the instructions on wood chip
packaging. Small size chips or pellets are
1. Slide box and chip cover out of smoker
2. Remove cover
from box. Turn
cover over and
3. Turn smoker box over and place over
chip cover. Hold cover and box together
and turn right side up.
4. Slide box and cover back into smoker
Light the smoker burner(s) 5 minutes
ahead of time to start them smoking. The
specially-designed smoker will smoke the
food while the grill burners or rotisserie
cooks it. Keeping the hood closed as
much as possible will maximize the