Install Vent System
1. Install exhaust hood. Use caulking compound to seal exterior
wall opening around exhaust hood.
2. Connect vent to exhaust hood. Vent must fit inside exhaust
hood. Secure vent to exhaust hood with 4" (10.2 cm) clamp.
3. Run vent to dryer location. Use the straightest path possible.
See "Determine vent path" in "Plan Vent System." Avoid 90º
turns. Use clamps to seal all joints. Do not use duct tape,
screws or other fastening devices that extend into the interior
of the vent to secure vent.
Install Leveling Legs
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install dryer.
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
1. To protect the floor, use a large flat piece of cardboard from
the dryer carton. Place cardboard under the entire back edge
of the dryer.
2. Firmly grasp the body of the dryer (not the console panel).
Gently lay the dryer on the cardboard. See illustration.
3. Examine the leveling legs. Find the diamond marking.
4. Screw the legs into the leg holes by hand. Use a wrench to
finish turning the legs until the diamond marking is no longer
5. Place a carton corner post from dryer packaging under each
of the 2 dryer back corners. Stand the dryer up. Slide the
dryer on the corner posts until it is close to its final location.
Leave enough room to connect the exhaust vent or gas line.
For mobile home use
Gas dryers must be securely fastened to the floor at the time of
Mobile home installations require a Mobile Home Installation Kit.
For more information, please call 1-800-4-MY-HOME
Check the levelness of the dryer. Check levelness first
side to side, then front to back.
If the dryer is not level, prop up the dryer using a wood block.
Use a wrench to adjust the legs up or down and check again for
Make Gas Connection
1. Remove the red cap from the gas pipe.
2. Using a wrench to tighten, connect the gas supply to the
dryer. Use pipe-joint compound on the threads of all non-
flared male fittings. If flexible metal tubing is used, be sure
there are no kinks.
A. Flared male fitting
B. Non-flared male fitting
NOTE: For LP gas connections, you must use pipe-joint
compound resistant to the action of LP gas. Do not use
®TEFLON is a registered trademark of E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company.