Title: Audio Issue on IP Phone
Systems Affected: KX-TDA 50/100/200/600, KX-TDE 100/200/600, and KXT-NCP 500/1000
Associated Tech Notes: None
• Identify and resolve audio issues on a network and over the Internet.
What is covered?
Troubleshooting VOIP audio issues may be new to you. By searching the phrase "troubleshooting voip audio issues" on
the Web, you'll be able to find a lot of useful information. But before you search the Web, we would like to share with you
the information that we have developed concerning the following topics:
• Use VoIP Tool Test to identified and prevent any issues with one-way audio on a network and over the Internet.
• Configure the router and/or firewall and PBX for both data voice traffic.
• Re-run the VoIP Tool Test to ensure that each UDP port numbers has been enabled for both data and voice traffic.
VoIP Test Tool Features:
1) You can confirm which UDP port numbers for VoIP signal are blocked by a router or firewall.
2) Audio test: Can talk using VoIP. (PC-to-PC talk)
3) Audio test: Pre recorded file can be played on the other PC and it is sent to your PC).
4) Audio test: Traffic option (Max.100 VoIP channels can be sent in order to increase traffic and disturb
talk test or disturb data transmission such as WEB access).
6) Trace Route.
7) Chat (
You can use that as a tool to communicate to the Tech person in the other site
Please Continue to Next Page
DATE: MONDAY, AUGUST 31, 2009
DOCUMENT NO.: TN-KX-TAUDIO-083109